Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Favourite childhood toy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mine was a big plastic aeroplane which came with a little set of luggage and two piolets and some passengers who all looked like eggs with clothes on... I had a fire engine with little egg firemen too. :D

I miss being a kid :(

What was your favourite toy when you were a child?

Comments

• Options
    Lu_C wrote:
    Mine was a big plastic aeroplane which came with a little set of luggage and two piolets and some passengers who all looked like eggs with clothes on... I had a fire engine with little egg firemen too. :D QUOTE]

I remember those, thats a hard question I'll have to think about it.
  • Options
    mine was my baby doll, Alicia. I used to pretend she could talk etc. I LOVED that doll. I still have her somewhere but her eyes have gone weird.
  • Options
    My was a doll that I took everywhere called baby. (origonal I know)
  • Options
    i had a doll called lauren that i loved to death and took everyware until my sister pulled its head off :crying: my mum tried to replace her but nothing came close :no: :(
  • Options
    i had a bald cabbage patch kid called Nellie. She still looks pretty good except for the tire tracks on her head. My cousin threw her out the window and she got run over by the car behind....but she is still my favourite...tread marks and all! :p
  • Options
    My favourite was my A La Kart Kitchen! haha. Does anyone remember them, those little kitchen things you pulled around on a cart thing.

I used to wake my parents up at stupid o clock in the morning by dragging it into their room and asking what they wanted for breakfast. Bless. I wonder what happened to it hmm.
  • Options
    I can't really remember many fave toys, but I did have lots of really cool playmobil stuff. Including a hospital set thing, and a huuuuge dolls house. It was much fun.
  • Options
    A yellow fluffy dog named lello. (believe it or not, lello is not child speak for yellow, my aunty named him.)

He went everywhere with me. Still does practically (holidays, round my boyfriends if he's going to be out late etc) . And I am pleased to say he's actually sitting on my lap right now because I needed a cuddle :blush:
  • Options
    my fave game was hungry hungry hippos!
  • Options
    My favourite was my A La Kart Kitchen! haha. Does anyone remember them, those little kitchen things you pulled around on a cart thing.

I used to wake my parents up at stupid o clock in the morning by dragging it into their room and asking what they wanted for breakfast. Bless. I wonder what happened to it hmm.

it probably got "lost" after you had woke them up at 6am a couple of times :lol:
  • Options
    mine. we are still insperable 17years later.

i also loved sylvanian families and lego. and my little ponies.
  • Options

i loved sylvanian families also - i had the badgers and their gypsy caravan
  • Options
    Lego
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    Lego

:yes: Lego was amazing. Although Lego Technic got the better of me after a while.
  • Options
    I can't really remember many fave toys, but I did have lots of really cool playmobil stuff. Including a hospital set thing, and a huuuuge dolls house. It was much fun.

God yeah, playmobil RULED. I had loads of it, even had this massive castle with all the knights etc, cowboys and indians. Remember i used to spend hours with it :D
  • Options
    i used to have a noddy car that i loved
    i also had a wendy house in the corner of my room...
    some other favourites was this really old quala puppet that i called 'floppy' and my dad used to put him on and make him read stories to me, and if i was upset and wouldn't talk to him he'd put floppy on and i'd talk to him instead! :blush:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i used to have a noddy car that i loved
    i also had a wendy house in the corner of my room...
    some other favourites was this really old quala puppet that i called 'floppy' and my dad used to put him on and make him read stories to me, and if i was upset and wouldn't talk to him he'd put floppy on and i'd talk to him instead! :blush:

Awww, good old floppy ey :D
  • Options
    My teddy called Thomas, who still lives in my bed (at home)
    Lego was awesome, I remember we just had crap squitty bits of lego then one day my mum found her HUUUGE box of lego that she had as a kid and it had all cool bits like roof tiles and little taps and things, and cupboards with doors that opened!

Best toys though had to be my farm playset, which had loads of random animals in it (including a duck billed platpus.) My parents were really poor when I was a kid so it was a mixture of charity shop animals and my mums old farmyard and buildings. But it was the best. Over the years it grew to incorporate my pony collection. Groovy.
  • Options
    mine would be my care bear - grumpy :)

i still have him and i was given it as a baby by my aunty, which was 22 years ago now, lol
  • Options
    I had a yellow elephant teddie bear called... Ellie. I can remember crying for her and being inconsolable until she was found. She's still around somewhere but my daughter's decided she's a he and... well, it's not the same now. I still have the memories though, she never let me down, that's what was so special about her, unlike family etc.
  • Options
    I had a blue cuddly elephant called Ellie! I got him for my 8th birthday. had always wanted a go cart and was at the shop about to buy it when I spotted Ellie and decided I wanted him instead. He cost £9.99 and the go cart cost £99.99. My parents were delighted!

My other favourite toy was my Big Yellow Teapot. I could play with that for hours. I also loved my Barbies. Had sooo many of them. They're all still under my bed at my mum and dads house!
  • Options
    I had a few... Ben the Dog, which was a big cuddly dog from Debenhams. And my doll, which I still have somewhere - for some random reason I called her Surreal. RANDOM. ;)
    I loved Lego too.
  • Options
    my cousin had a purple sparkly chopper, which we LOVED. and then i had primary coloured roller boots and a wooden train set which i though was the shit.
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    Lego
    Can't beat it.
  • Options

I so have one of those, I loved it so much.

I also have my bear, called Barney. We were inseperable. When there was a fire at our house I was distraught because I thought he was going to get ruined, but luckily he was saved :)
  • Options

i had that dog! lol, although my favourite toy was baywatch barbie, i had millions of barbies, but for some unknown reason, she was my favourite
  • Options
    I had a few... Ben the Dog.

I recently bought one of those... I'm sure yours is less maintenance

Fun to cuddle though :)
  • Options
    my action figures, then would make them fight in my wrestling ring. The Biker Mice from mars were my best figures, - they had the single championship and the tag championship
  • Options
    mine was my baby doll, Alicia. I used to pretend she could talk etc. I LOVED that doll. I still have her somewhere but her eyes have gone weird.
    Take heed..the dangers of drug use. Did she fall in with the wrong crowd, Barbie no doubt, that coke taking bimbo.

As for me I had an air powered motor bike, it was sweet as.
  • Options
    And my doll, which I still have somewhere - for some random reason I called her Surreal. RANDOM. ;)

I had a doll which I clearly remember naming Hemma after one of my Dad's friends. Years later, my Dad is denying ever having any friends called that name or anything similar, so god knows where I got that from... :confused:

As for favourite toys... I loved all my dolls and teddies, I used to play schools with me as the teacher and make them all little workbooks and made a register and everything :D
    Also loved my playmobil :)