Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can school do anything about this?

What I'm about to post is related to http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=90129

Anyway, the person who started this is still asking me out and won't take no for an answer. His friend has started to do exactly the same thing. Now, yesterday I was in the 6th form common room doing some work and I had my earphones in (I work better this way) and one of the people involved in this basically yanked my earphones out of my ear. He then pulled his trousers down and showed me his arse, which I wasn't too happy about. They went away after this and a friend of mine (I told her about this) asked me if I would come to the library and work there instead because it's quieter there. So anyway, I got some work done in the library and then the friend who asked me if I wanted to go to the library with her ended up going to the canteen and I went back to the common room and did some more work and the person who showed me his arse called me over and for some strange reason showed me a picture of (basically, anyway) a hlaf-naked woman and asked me if I liked it and I just walked off.

Am I right in thinking that when he pulled his trousers down, this was sexual harrassment?
And can the school do anything about any of the above?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Schools class alot of things under sexual harassment, even verbal harassment. And if they're anything like mine, they take it seriously.

I read your original post I think, but I can't fully remember every detail so I'll go out on a limb...

If the harasser is affecting your working life, then school have a say in it. If he is making you feel at all vunerable or threatened, then school should definetly want to do something.

As regards to the sexual harassment, I'm really not sure. I'd recommend talking to a tutor or sixth form head about this if it's developed further from the original post as you've said because in my opinion, idiots like this don't respond to much else. I know for a fact that even at college we have tutors incase of any situations like this, so I can't imagine sixth form being any different just because we're supposed to be 'independent' now ;)

Hope it all goes well! -x-
  • Options
    If he is harrassing you then you need to report it to the teachers.

You are right, he is sexually harrassing you. You need to make sure your school know.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Just laugh at him. Take the piss good and proper.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Just laugh at him. Take the piss good and proper.
    if someone did this to me i wouldn't laugh. its way threatening. especially the showing of half naked women. its different if its your mates doing it but someone who keeps on bothering you...

id definately report it. if that happened at my 6th form they'd be in SERIOUS trouble.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If he is harrassing you then you need to report it to the teachers.

You are right, he is sexually harrassing you. You need to make sure your school know.

Last time I did this, I got laughed at by the teacher and wasn't taken seriously... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the people involved have been basically the same today as they were yesterday. This does mean that it's probably a good idea for me to report it and see what happens.
  • Options
    Last time I did this, I got laughed at by the teacher and wasn't taken seriously... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the people involved have been basically the same today as they were yesterday. This does mean that it's probably a good idea for me to report it and see what happens.

Thats absoutly rotten! I'd report it to somebody higher, and make mention of that retched teacher.
  • Options
    if someone did this to me i wouldn't laugh. its way threatening. especially the showing of half naked women. its different if its your mates doing it but someone who keeps on bothering you...

id definately report it. if that happened at my 6th form they'd be in SERIOUS trouble.

Yeah, but it'll probably make it worse for her. Grassing someone for flashing their arse won't gain many favours in school.

"Fuck off and wipe your arse you silly prick" is more than sufficient.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Spliffie wrote:
    Yeah, but it'll probably make it worse for her. Grassing someone for flashing their arse won't gain many favours in school.

"Fuck off and wipe your arse you silly prick" is more than sufficient.

Exactly. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    next time he pulls a moonie at you stab him in the arse with a sharp pencil.
    doubt he'd do it again.
  • Options
    Consult with your tutor, depending on your relationship with them. I would tell my parents but again depends on the relationship.

best thing is tell your tutor, once a teacher knows and has a word with that person I am sure they wont do it again
  • Options
    I spoke to my tutor who told me that she'd have to talk to the Head of 6th Form, but won't talk to the two people who are involved. (probably because they'll both have a go at me for this or something)
  • Options
    Half of me says go to the teachers but what might well happen is that you'll have to suffer the repurcussions of that which may be a lot worse than what'll happen if you jab a pencil into his arse (make sure your aim is true and get the cheek rather than the bit in between - he might enjoy it).
  • Options
    What I'm about to post is related to http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=90129

Anyway, the person who started this is still asking me out and won't take no for an answer. His friend has started to do exactly the same thing. Now, yesterday I was in the 6th form common room doing some work and I had my earphones in (I work better this way) and one of the people involved in this basically yanked my earphones out of my ear. He then pulled his trousers down and showed me his arse, which I wasn't too happy about. They went away after this and a friend of mine (I told her about this) asked me if I would come to the library and work there instead because it's quieter there. So anyway, I got some work done in the library and then the friend who asked me if I wanted to go to the library with her ended up going to the canteen and I went back to the common room and did some more work and the person who showed me his arse called me over and for some strange reason showed me a picture of (basically, anyway) a hlaf-naked woman and asked me if I liked it and I just walked off.

Am I right in thinking that when he pulled his trousers down, this was sexual harrassment?
    And can the school do anything about any of the above?

A good hard kick in the nuts and a "fuck off loser, I would never go with you in a million years" should do the trick.
  • Options
    A good hard kick in the nuts and a "fuck off loser, I would never go with you in a million years" should do the trick.

That's mean but it did make me laugh...
  • Options
    A pal of mine once pulled his trousers down and bared his arse to the head of mathematics, a haggard, evil old woman with a penchent for leather mini skirts.

Now that was funny...:yes:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    A pal of mine once pulled his trousers down and bared his arse to the head of mathematics, a haggard, evil old woman with a penchent for leather mini skirts.

Now that was funny...:yes:

LOL

Anyway, I saw the Head Of 6th (briefly) today who told me that she is aware of what's going on and that she wants to talk to me. So, after the ten tors meeting, I gave her a piece of paper explaining everything that had happened. She told me that she' going to talk to all of us separately and would have to phone our parents and probably suspend (?) the two boys involved in this for a few days. Ia slo got told that she'd have to talk to my parents - I told the teacher that dad already knows what's going on and she she said that if it was ok for her to phone him tomorrow and talk to him if she has to...
  • Options
    This kid sounds like something I would do but then every one loved me at 6th form so no one grassed on me :yippe:

Thank your lucky stars they never cut off there pubes and chucked them on you, :) something what i did in the past,
    Oh yeh they did hate me for one thing picking my nose and wiping it on the seats,

But they dont sound to bad these kids maybe yanking out your headphones was a bit mean,.. though
  • Options
    LOL

Anyway, I saw the Head Of 6th (briefly) today who told me that she is aware of what's going on and that she wants to talk to me. So, after the ten tors meeting, I gave her a piece of paper explaining everything that had happened. She told me that she' going to talk to all of us separately and would have to phone our parents and probably suspend (?) the two boys involved in this for a few days. Ia slo got told that she'd have to talk to my parents - I told the teacher that dad already knows what's going on and she she said that if it was ok for her to phone him tomorrow and talk to him if she has to...

Why not just tell him to fuck off?

No point in messing up people's education for stupid immaturity...not as if any harm came from it, no? :confused:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Why not just tell him to fuck off?

No point in messing up people's education for stupid immaturity...not as if any harm came from it, no? :confused:

Already done that.

According to a friend of mine, the whole of 6th form knows about this... :rolleyes: