Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Affection

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was discussing this with some people the other day - just how important is affection in a relationship to you - am from this take it to mean what you want from kissing and cuddling to holding hands or whatever. One of my mates said that she simply could not bear to be with a guy who was not affectionate for the most part, and it got me thinking because affection is something that we just do isn't it, dow e ever conciously think about it or make a concerted effort to be more and less affectionate?

Comments

• Options
    I think its a pretty majot part of a realtionship, and if it wasn't there then tbh i think i would be bothered and it would become an issue
  • Options
    im big on affection and don't think i could be happy in a relationship that didnt have it freely available. Some people for whatever reason, find it very difficult to be affectionate though.
  • Options
    Affection is a huge part of my relationship. It isn't until it isn't present that you realise what your missing. My mum was in a relationship where the guy wouldn't even hold her hand, and used to sit in different seats in the living room, he made her feel guilty for asking for kisses and cuddles. I would have dies, i don't think i'm high maintenance in this regard, but he was just so void of affection!
  • Options
    Personally, I find affection incredibly difficult. The main reason is probably lack of experience of it - I didn't show affection as a child, nor did anyone show affection to me. I've improved a little over the last year, though.
  • Options
    It's important.

It's a bit robotic without.
  • Options
    i thought it just came naturally. if you're with someone you love and care about then you want to hold their hand and kiss and cuddle and such. i don't see then how you can differentiate between him being your love or just being a mate.
  • Options
    bad seed wrote:
    It's important. It's a bit robotic without.
    I still struggle to understand how some people find it so easy. And not just in relationships either. For example, when people give me a hug, I never know what to do. Or indeed, why they're giving me a hug. I can see why it's such an important thing, however.
  • Options
    Im a very affectionate person. my boyfriend on the other hand found it difficult giving affection. in past relationships had he never showed much.

But now we are always givin each otha little kisses and cuddles and its brilliant. There is nothin betta than gettin a little kiss or a hug for no reason other than 2show me he loves me! :heart: