Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what are the signs that a guy likes you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
some guy has been flirting wi me a lot lately and asked me out a few times and bought me drinks and whole lot of other stuff like got all bashful when i said he smelled good and squeezed my hand in a really gentle way when he asked me to have a drink wi him one night but im unsure as to whether he likes me or what the deal is and i dont wanna ask cos im too shy for that...can anyone tell me the signs that a guylikes you?

Comments

• Options
    Usually guys are less subtle than that.

Of course he likes you, if you bought a guy drinks, said he smelled good and squeezed his hand, would that mean you were flirting with him. Yes.

Boys will usually give girls deft touches, smile a lot when talking to them. Same stuff girls do really.
  • Options
    Its rather blatent :p
  • Options
    Schnook wrote:
    some guy has been flirting wi me a lot lately and asked me out a few times and bought me drinks and whole lot of other stuff like got all bashful when i said he smelled good and squeezed my hand in a really gentle way when he asked me to have a drink wi him one night but im unsure as to whether he likes me or what the deal is and i dont wanna ask cos im too shy for that...can anyone tell me the signs that a guylikes you?

Yes, he likes you. Even going out of his way to talk to you is a sign.
  • Options
    lol ok, maybe it is but i'm not used to any sorta attention like that so i tend to put it down to them taking the piss ... maybe im more used to it than i know only i put it down to not being genuine...think ill just play along and see how it goes. :)
  • Options
    perhaps you could get yourself a badge
  • Options
    haha class :D i know that was probably an insult or something but lmao!! those are class!!
  • Options
    Schnook wrote:
    i know that was probably an insult
    :eek2: madam, you wound me.
  • Options
    lol maybe im just too suspicious of people :)
  • Options
    There was a similar thread about this on another forum and someone said that they usually talk to you alot more if they like you. And eye contact as well.
  • Options
    definately likes you :D no probs!

some guy in the flat opposite likes me! (god knows why!) and the only reason why i know that he does is because he gets drunk something like every other night and shouts up at my window at 2 in the morning! tad bit annoying really!!

thing is tho, when he isnt drunk he makes no effort whatsoever!! i walk past and say hey and he barely looks at me :crazyeyes according to my mates he also talks to them about me all the time but doesnt actually talk to ME! .. doesnt help matters either that im quite shy so i cant just approach him! :blush:

*sigh* things are too complicated!!
  • Options
    sounds like he likes you to me!
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    definately likes you :D no probs!

some guy in the flat opposite likes me! (god knows why!) and the only reason why i know that he does is because he gets drunk something like every other night and shouts up at my window at 2 in the morning! tad bit annoying really!!

thing is tho, when he isnt drunk he makes no effort whatsoever!! i walk past and say hey and he barely looks at me :crazyeyes according to my mates he also talks to them about me all the time but doesnt actually talk to ME! .. doesnt help matters either that im quite shy so i cant just approach him! :blush:

*sigh* things are too complicated!!

i am in basically the same situation...these things have really only happened when the guy has had alcohol and since i work in the bar im usually in his presence. he talks to me when he's sober and smiles n stuff. we're quite friendly but there's a lot more flirting when alcohol is involved....i dunno what ill do :impissed:
  • Options
    Well yeah he likes you. That doesn't necessarily mean he wants a serious relationship with you though, if that's what you mean. Why worry though? Enjoy being liked.
  • Options
    i dont mean that...i just wanna know if it's bullshitting or not lol i dont think im that interested in a relationship anyway...bit of fun just haha ;)
  • Options
    :heart: Before i started goin out with my fella he was always paying me compliments listened intently to me laughed @my crappy jokes n kept offerin to take me out!! hey.....just ova a yr later were still goin good! :heart:
  • Options
    Well yeah he likes you. That doesn't necessarily mean he wants a serious relationship with you though.

This is very true and the impression I've been getting from a few people lately...