Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

call me paranoid.....!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'll try and keep it short - had unprotected sex about a month or so ago, took morning after pill about 12hours afterwards. However since then i havent really had a proper period. about a week or so after the MAP i had a very light bleed and this weekend just gone i had another but even lighter but....know it doesnt sound nice but was more just like a bad discharge for a few days.

Now i know that the MAP is pretty effective and also i have lost weight recently so that could affect my periods. and just reading this back now makes me think how silly am i being?! and if i was pregnant i guess i would know. But still - just wanted to hear any other opinions.

(I'm quite paranoid about my weight so i think it stems from that as am constantly checking it and how i look, it could be coinciding with the fact i had an indulgent weekend at home or my period but i swear there's some extra fat creeping on there/fuller looking.)

Comments

• Options
    The only way you'll know for sure is to take a test. I had a similar experience and got worked up about it so I bought one of those test kits for £10 and luckily it came back negative. My period came the next day...GRR.

So yeah in conclusion, your period could just be late because you are worrying about it. But get tested :)
  • Options
    Have you had any noticeable lifestyle changes in the last month? Have you had a lot of stress to deal with? Things like that can cause a late period too, but I fear to say the only way to find out for certain is to take a pregnancy test.
  • Options
    my mate had sex and the condom split. she took the morning after pill but still found herself prengant. but also if you're worried and stressed then you can skip periods or ther late and shizzle so if you're worried that ur pregnant then... just take a test and see.