Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What has the world come to?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was wearing skinny jeans and stripey jumpers and tucked my jeans into my boots back in 2003, before it was even fashionable. :D I'm so hip.
    WAH WAH I AM SO ORIGINAL AND MORE CACK FROM MY ARSE WHICH I MISINTERPRET FOR MY MOUTH.

From your photo..http://www.darkstarlings.com/images/I/Ilora-Danon/2017.jpg

I call people like you a GOTH. The HIM poster, the long black hair to hide behind, the dark lipstick. THE HIM NECKLACE. Cheer the fuck up, goth..

Labelling is one of the things you apparently hate, so why do it?
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I was wearing skinny jeans and stripey jumpers and tucked my jeans into my boots back in 2003, before it was even fashionable. :D I'm so hip.

I call people like you a GOTH. The HIM poster, the long black hair to hide behind, the dark lipstick. THE HIM NECKLACE. Cheer the fuck up, goth..

I have to agree with this, completely. You could be classed as a fashion victim - a gothic one.

I buy clothes because I like them and they suit me, irrespective of what others are wearing or what other people think.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Gotta say I agree with Blah. I hate all the fashion in the shops at the moment - most of it looks tacky. I like to spend time looking for things that suit me, not buying what's "in".

I also think that most of these clothes look awful unless you have the right figure. Most people don't pull them off very well and make it look even tackier.

IMHO.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

By 'you' who are you referring to? You can't mean me, because generally, one person isn't known as a collective. I assume you mean 'goths apparently hate labels'.

I don't understand - I listen to HIM, so I'm a Goth!? Dark Lipstick? It's a No7 Lipgloss from Boots!!! The HIM necklace!? Yes, what's your point? It's a necklace - since when did your necklace define you as a person!?

I honestly don't see your point. I'm not a goth and I've never pretended to be one. I wear black, and listen to HIM. Wow, I'm sooo GOTH. :thumb:

I also wear Levi Jeans, and party frocks from Debenhams...
    I also listen to Jamie Cullum Britney Spears and the Sugababes.

Care to label me now??

If you care to take a look at my other photo's you may see some rather happy photo's... so how about you smarten the fuck up Fashion Victim?
    (See, "Goths" can steep to that level too :thumb: )

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    By 'you' who are you referring to? You can't mean me, because generally, one person isn't known as a collective.

Didn't you just do that to Lipsy?
    I call people like you 'fashion victims'. - AKA people who don't have a clue about what true style is so they just copy what they see on the mannequins in high street shops, and then walk around LOOKING like a mannequin from a high street shop window.

Aah, here we go.
    I don't understand - I listen to HIM, so I'm a Goth!? Dark Lipstick? It's a No7 Lipgloss from Boots!!! The HIM necklace!? Yes, what's your point? It's a necklace - since when did your necklace define you as a person!?

Since when did wearing clothes from Topshop/Miss Selfridge define you either? Since you start by saying..
    You don't have to wear what everyone else is wearing, purely because TopShop and Miss Selfridge say so.
    I call people like you 'fashion victims'.!?

That says alot about you because fashion/style is subjective. Everyone is different. If you're going to pummel down on someone for having no individuality for going to Topshop then you are just adding to the rose tinted glasses you wear.
    I honestly don't see your point. I'm not a goth and I've never pretended to be one. I wear black, and listen to HIM. Wow, I'm sooo GOTH.

:banghead: I don't see your point, people sometimes wear clothes from High Street clothes, and we're fashion victims?! Why say that and then say this?! Your logic is baffling everytime you mouth off.
    So how about you smarten the fuck up Fashion Victim?

I am smart, you just piss me off with your ridiculous attitude to everything, you sponger, you antisocial, you goff, you bum. I'll give you some tat for that tit. :D
  • Options
    I'm only antisocial to the wide range of fucking idiots there are on this here site. You included.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Wait till you get to my age and you can remember the same revival/retro thing coming around more than once.

i already can :(

like the whole footless tights deal - originally from the eighties, right? I've a picture of me (trying to) rocking that look at about 12, so it'll be the early 90s. then again now.

there's a difference between being fashionable and being stylish. i might not be even slightly fashionable, but at least i have a bit of style.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    there's a difference between being fashionable and being stylish. i might not be even slightly fashionable, but at least i have a bit of style.

Oh God, I know... I don't think I've been fashionable since about 1987.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    you sponger, you bum.

Trudat.
  • Options
    Who was to think that a few things that were pointed out to be ugly would cause such a fuss. I would think that the ones pissing themselves becuase they are fashionable in these hideous clothes are the ones who, as illora said, look and act, and from what I've witnessed have personalities to match those of the maniquins.

I may wear jeans and a tshirt, and being it winter, jeans and a sweatshirt. Its comfortable. And nobody can deny that the oh so classic look is hidous, as you can to the others. Comfort and a bit of personal style.

Kaffrin really said it rightly... there's a difference between being fashionable and being stylish. i might not be even slightly fashionable, but at least i have a bit of style.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    And nobody can deny that the oh so classic look is hidous, as you can to the others. Comfort and a bit of personal style.

Eeeh, I didn't understand that bit! Are you saying that classics are hideous? Cause they can be hideous or they can be stylish, same as anything else! Maybe we mean different things by classics eh? ;)
  • Options
    I'm only antisocial to the wide range of fucking idiots there are on this here site. You included.

So you're admitting to being a sponger, a bum and a goff? About bloody time.
  • Options
    wow hilarious.

just remember though that style is subjective too. you may think you have it, but others certainly don't.
  • Options
    Calm down girls - there's no need for these personal attacks.

There are some fashions I like, some I don't. As a man I generally just wear classics and I guess it can be easier as a man.

With regard to women's fashion, the problem as I see it as that the stores often give little choice, as they are generally selling the same things. And it can be hard to find an item which was in fashion last year, that everyone is still wearing.

My wife only wears skirts, never trousers, and finding skirts of the right length was fairly difficult a few years ago.

Not sure what to say about the debate of boots over or under trousers. The right sort of boots look good outside of trousers. What I do dislike is ankle-high boots - even under trousers, the moment a woman folds her legs and you see the tops of the ankle boots it looks very inelegant. If you don't want to wear long boots then consider wearing "trouser shoes". Incidentally, a woman once told me that it's the same for men if the tops of our socks become visible.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    just remember though that style is subjective too. you may think you have it, but others certainly don't.

which is why it's so funny that everyone's getting all 'i wear that and i look good' about it. no. you think you look good.

maybe some people think you look good too. but some people don't. some people think you look silly.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Eeeh, I didn't understand that bit! Are you saying that classics are hideous? Cause they can be hideous or they can be stylish, same as anything else! Maybe we mean different things by classics eh? ;)

Nah, that was my attempt make any sense after a few ;) What I ment was the classic looks of jeans and t/shirts will always be there. They will never go out of "fashion" They are far from hideous!
  • Options
    Dark Lipstick? It's a No7 Lipgloss from Boots!!!

why should it matter where it's from, it's about the colour of the lipstick not who makes it!

and, if you don't like the people here..why come back? :confused:
  • Options
    I like the skinny jeans tucked into boots thang. I reckon it suits my figure and my jeans are always getting scuffed on the floor so its pretty practical really.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    I like the leggings. I wear 'em all the time. I don't wanna get my bare legs out and I think they look cute with my little shoes!

hehe I knew you'd say that.

People have been wearing footless tights for ages, especially girls of the rock/indie/emo (whatever the fuck that means) variety! but apparently they've become fashionable again and they sell them in Topshop for £6, what a rip-off, I just cut the ends off my old school tights :D

Ilora you're well harsh to Lipsy! Just cus she does a few of them things shes a 'fashion victim'. Whatever.

If I like trends I'll buy them. If I don't I wont. Simple as that. I won't go out today and buy a waistcoat cus all the Topshop mannequins have got them on, cos I think they're horrible!

On the first page that 'thing' is ming tho, that wool thing over the top of her shoulders, whats all that about :confused:
  • Options
    I don't like any of that stuff..
  • Options
    am i not the only one who gets the impression that this is basically another way of saying ''i'm too good for this place''?
    got nothing against you ilora but this does come across as quite snobbish, so don't be surprised when people respond harshly
  • Options
    I don't mean everyone Ballerina, just the odd few who behave like idiots, and post drivvle in response to my posts purely because they have an issue with posts I've made in the past.

I generally don't like the attitude of posters here, but I've been a member here for around 4 years, so feel I'm loyal to thesite. Plus, it's the only forum I know that has a fashion forum!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    I don't mean everyone Ballerina, just the odd few who behave like idiots, and post drivvle in response to my posts purely because they have an issue with posts I've made in the past.

Ilora x
    i know not everyone, but you know what some people are like.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    yes thanks people for sticking up for me, especially 1983.
    i'm certainly not a fashion victim. i don't read magazines and i don't just *have* to have something because its on the mannequins. i go shopping and if i see something i like then i buy it, end of.
    i would retaliate to ilora but i think she's pathetic anyway so theres no point.
  • Options
    it upsets me when something I like becomes really trendy. I love stripey stuff and keep coveting these black and white stripey jumpers I see everywhere at the moment, but because I DO see them everywhere, I wont buy one.
  • Options
    it upsets me when something I like becomes really trendy. I love stripey stuff and keep coveting these black and white stripey jumpers I see everywhere at the moment, but because I DO see them everywhere, I wont buy one.

buy one, store it away for a couple of years and then, ta-da!

i love stripes too - so i'm going crazy buying them at the moment, cause i know when they go back out of fashion they'll be a nightmare to get hold of. not so keen on black and white, but there's a lot of black and grey too, which i love so much.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    buy one, store it away for a couple of years and then, ta-da!

i love stripes too - so i'm going crazy buying them at the moment, cause i know when they go back out of fashion they'll be a nightmare to get hold of. not so keen on black and white, but there's a lot of black and grey too, which i love so much.
    good thinking batman!!!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Some of you really need to think before you type. Enough of the bitchiness!!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, this is the internet ffs, we can't see what you are wearing, so if someone says they don't like a handbag/shoes/waistcoat etc that you own or covet IT ISN'T INTENDED TO BE A PERSONAL ATTACK!!

If anyone bitches again in this thread I'll close it down.
  • Options
    :lol::lol:
    damn those are awfull
  • Options
    You see, I like fashion - yet I wouldn't say I am fashionable as such in any major way I just wear what I think looks nice and suits me, regrdless of whther the shops are full of similar items this season. But what looking at the replies made me think of was the reaction to the fashion of "sex and the city" and celebrities such as Gwen Stefani's fashion style which are can all, in my opinion, be described as eclectic if your are going to describe them in the most general sense, yet in me brought out the same negative "blurgh" reaction as the majority of people on this thread.
This discussion has been closed.