Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

nail help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(URL removed by Mods)
My sister is doing a nail technicians course and feel snow that shes ready to get clients in and charge a reasonable ammount (and what with xmas and new year comming up business should be good)

What do you feel would be a resonable price for nails like this
14aq.jpg
She feels £25 as she needs to obviously cover the cost of products used (which are not cheap)
I just thought i'd ask for some advice seeing as though you guys give good advice to people.

Comments

• Options
    My mums doing it too and they charge £10 because you can go to a salon round here for £20. I wouldnt pay more than ten coz they are practising anyway.

I go to the salon coz I dont like the english way of doing it. They lift too much.
  • Options
    5 for both hands, the feet and a pop and dinner. Those are far too long and hideous. At least they dont have those tacky designs on.
  • Options
    people can have whatever length they choose to have.
    and have whatever design they want. its the clients choice.
  • Options
    She needs to cover the costs of products, petrol if she drives to a client, and also the fact she has children.
    The products cost a small fortune from cesars (the nail company shes with).
    From what I can gather, she needs 2 kinds of primer, nail tips, cuticle oil, the special gel to form the nail, and a rinse to remove excess gel as well as other products depending on what the client wants. I'm not 100% sure on it all, only tell what shes stated to me.
    the uv light thats cures the nails cost £50 as it is and then there is replacing uv bulbs e.t.c and whatever else

women.... so complicated! lol
  • Options
    Oh, I get ya. I thought it was going to be a specalized thing, just like those. Well most nail shops here charge like $20 for a full acrlyic set. So both hands. I'm sorry I don't know how much that would be in (I dont have the symbol fo your money on my keyboard) I've seen as much as $50. But since she is practicing I'd not charge much. A manicure (without fakies) go about the same price. You have to take into consideration, yes she wants to make a profit, but keep the profit margin small as if she overprices, for a practicing, she wont get much business. Your such a sweet little brother, helping out ;)
  • Options
    hehe... although she annoys me sometimes, I like to help out.
    There are nail technician shops in the area and the charge about £30-£40