Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bad weekend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi people. hope you're all well.

Last Friday I organised a big chinese for a load of our crowd, 17 showed up all together. The plan was to meet at mine, have a smoke, watch a film, go for food and then maybe a club.

This all went fine and it turned out a good night. Sunday however I felt weird for some reason in my head. I knew it had something to do with my smoking and I assumed i was on the comedown a bit and felt a little paranoid. What made it weird however was I felt better after talking to a mate that night about Friday night.

One of my female friends came out and I didn't think I sill had feelings for her until Friday night. She met one of my mates and the day after I said to him in the morning

"do u want her number or what?" he said,
"what you on about?"
"You know what . I'm not fuckin blind, I saw you, nothing may have happened but I could see how keen you were".
"She's alright but you fancy her"
"Yeah but she doesn't fancy me, it's shit but it's true".
"do u not mind?"
"It's go nowt to do with me"

I later texted him the number saying "best of luck mate".

I felt weird due to what I did. I would normally never be that cool about it at the time and I felt a lil upset and jealous later on because I didn't need to ask what she thought of him.

However it was Sunday night my mate texted me saying "Thanks for the number mate, but I don't think I'll be using it for many reasons. Also due to the fact that I think I'm still in love with Danielle(his ex who hed split up witih that week)

Now although it sounds snide and nasty, I felt a little pity for her but relief for myself and I shouldn't really feel like that. I can't really understand it because although I've still got feelings for her, I could never see myself going out with her because we've got very very little in common. I know there's the saying "opposites attract" and I think they can in regards to particular interests and not neccessarily personality wise. Our sense of humours are very different and I know at times when me and her are together talking we can both think "christ this is boring"

I'm not sure whether it may be due to the fact that she's taken a like into one of my mates and also that it's not the first time she's got with a mate of mine. Possibly if she was to get with someone that I didn't know then it may not be so discomforting. But in my opinion I think that the only way that I can stop having these particular feelings for her is if I was not to see her at all and get her out of my life. I don't mean as to shut her out completely but to casually see less and less of her. I know it partly may be due to the fact that I was feeling a little down from smoking and that didn't help whatsoever but I think that a lot of it is from what I was feeling anyway.

What do you lot think of this one. Advice needed please