Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Annoyed Girlfriend, good or bad results?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, general question on your take...

She said...

There were a few things I did that annoyed her really bad, and she wasn't sure why because they weren't a big deal. But, they don't change how she feels about me, but if it was anyone else other than me, she would have been distancing herself by now, Then she listed what annoyed her because I asked.

Do you think this is like, the start of the annoyed phase, or is it good that she still accepts me with my annoyances? We've been dating for about 4 months now.

Just wondering, not that concerned really, but interested.
Thanks! :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    Like you said, if she didn't like you she'd be gone by now!
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry....there's always things about someone that annoys you, but it's the extent to which they annoy you which decides whether or not you can stand being with that person. She's still with you and says they're no big deal, so yep no big deal.
  • Options
    Things aren't perfect, people always do things that annoy their partners, that's what relationships are about. Tolerating the annoying bits because of the rest of it.

She says this is what she does, so I wouldn't worry. There's no such thing as "the annoyed stage"; after the first flush wears off, some things nark and some things don't. What the balance is depends on whether it works or not.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Things aren't perfect, people always do things that annoy their partners, that's what relationships are about. Tolerating the annoying bits because of the rest of it.

She says this is what she does, so I wouldn't worry. There's no such thing as "the annoyed stage"; after the first flush wears off, some things nark and some things don't. What the balance is depends on whether it works or not.

I find that there are a few small things that my bf does that annoy me, but they are so small compared to the great things that our relationship has that I can live with them. At the end of the day I love him for who he is and have even learnt to love his funny little things that I use to find slightly annoying.
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    I find that there are a few small things that my bf does that annoy me, but they are so small compared to the great things that our relationship has that I can live with them.

And that's exactly how it is.

I've been with my wife for over four years, and of course there are things she does that irritate the hell out of me. Things I do irritate the hell out of her. But it's not an issue because they are nothing compared to the whole.

Relationships are not perfect, they have ups, they have downs, and not everything about your partner is perfect, or can be. Love isn't any big truth, it isn't magic and it doesn't make people happy and perfect all the time.
  • Options
    II wold lighten up on your annoying habits if your worried though, people have intuition!