Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Harry Potter

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
who is off to the cinema friday then?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Moi! I have a mufti day on friday so that makes it even better! My mums friend has booked the tickts cos of all the other kids going 2 see it after school. I can't wait to see it!!! :yes: :love: :razz:
  • Options
    Me! I am so frigging excited!!!!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Definitely at the weekend - depends how tired I am on Friday.

Really looking forward to it though.
  • Options
    I got tickets from the bank - as usual, they are sucking up.
  • Options
    I have only ever seen the first Harry Potter movie, and haven't read any of em...so not me, as it truly would make no sense in my mind.
  • Options
    My brother is going at midnight with his girlfriend, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes then have to watch it.
  • Options
    Ah it looks fab, better than the other ones and they've all been good. I'm going at some point next week :thumb:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Dunno when it comes out here, but I'm going to wait a bit to let the buzz quiet down before I go.
  • Options
    Might do. Dunno if I can be arsed. Might force the bloke to take me :p.
  • Options
    I'd rather stick pins in my eyes then have to watch it.

Same here, I've never seen any of them or read the books either, I was never interested in it.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'll go on Saturday.

Bet it will be full of annoying fucks, the new releases always are. So head along at like, 9pm, so Kids have all gone to home. Yer. Get latest showing.
  • Options
    12a though so shouldnt be too many kids
  • Options
    If Im still with child on Friday then I'll be going, if only I could take my own chair I'd be sorted :grump:
  • Options
    Yeaaah, booked my tickets for the 11 o'clock showing which finishes at like 2am, so hopefully not to many snotty kids clogging up my view ;D
  • Options
    I could be annoying, sit on the front row and use 2 child seats. I've used them before at the back... great view! :thumb:
  • Options
    Me and the Mrs are taking mini-ninj on Sunday. :thumb:
  • Options
    who is off to the cinema friday then?
    Don't remind me! When I was down in London recently, I was going past Leicester Square. At the time, these men were busy putting a huge sign up high up on the Odeon cinema. And just as I'm looking, and taking odds on the thing falling down onto the street, who texts me? My mum, asking if I'm gonna go and watch it! :blush:
  • Options
    i'm not so over enthusiastic to be going booking up for midnight viewings and stuff....i'm gonna wait a few weeks till the cinema isn't over loaded full of people eating and making noise all the way through the film
    tbh i was abit dissapointed with the last one, hope this ones better
  • Options
    I think everyone was a little disapointed at the last one, i certainly was, my fave hp book and the completely ruined the movie!!

I saw the 4th today, it brilliant compared to the previous 3, cedrics death doesn't really sink in untill they return to hogwarts, the tasks where very good but i kinda got annoyed when they missed out some of the lessons i know they had to fit it all in but a few lessons would have brought it back that they where still at school, the year seemed to go very fast and i was very irritated that barty (son) was with voldemort when frank sees them, i was like what the hell are you doing here!!?? your not ment to be there!!!

other than that.....very very good!!!

p.s i have to say the kids where very well behaved, not talking, moving about, crunching on popcorn too loudly so :thumb: to them!!
  • Options
    Saw it last night, and i think i preffered the third one. I was dissapointed there was no Dobby or Winky in this one, i was quite looking foward to seeing them! Obviously they have to cut loads out to fit it into a film, but without some of the back stories and more in depth character portrayals, it was (apperentley) a bit harder to follow if you hadn't read the book.
  • Options
    I'd imagine that this one would have been quite hard to see the story if you hadn't read the book. But then, I have read the book, so I don't care, I thought it was very good, probably the best. yarr.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Saw it tody. It was really good IMO. Best of all the films to date.
  • Options

Yeah, was pretty good. Indeed... long too. I needed a right royal piss at the end of it!1
  • Options
    :yes: Went and saw the 22:55 showing today so it was relatively quiet with no screaming kids. Thought it was pretty cool.
  • Options
    Went to see it on Friday and I was really disappointed, seemed really dragged out, I prefered the third one. I haven't read any of the books so donn't know if that has anything to do with it.
  • Options
    ive read all the books but only seen the 1st film which i thought was a bit shit and its put me off seeing the others.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I'd imagine that this one would have been quite hard to see the story if you hadn't read the book. But then, I have read the book, so I don't care, I thought it was very good, probably the best. yarr.

Yeah. Just like Christine, if you haven't read the books, half of it won't really be worth seeing, as you'll bem issing alot of important stuff.
  • Options
    Oh come on, its not like they've filmed War and Peace and missed out all the odd numbered chapters. There may be a lot missing but it's still got the basic plot and lots of special effects to entertain children - which is good since it is after all aimed at children.
  • Options
    But there were a few bits missing in the whole explanatory parts - it works, sure, and will keep people entertained. But it would be better and help it as a film if it were.

Like, Christine. Although not to the same degree... that film needed the book to work at all.
  • Options
    i missed some harry potters but this one was ok the only time i laughted was when that kid died haha