Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Picky with guys

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, I find it really hard to find a guy that I like. Im so picky! its starting to annoy me now. But i find i have to be both physically and mentally attracted to them to be able to have some form of realtionship with them, and its rly hard to find someone that satisfys both things!
And I struggle to meet new guys. In our town there doesnt seem to be a lot of decent people around. Any Ideas?

Comments

• Options
    I can't give you a guy. It's your choice whether you like a person or not. Wait around a little bit more and you will probably find a decent guy.
  • Options
    nowt wrong with being picky, no point in settling for second best.

and it's true what they say..don't go looking 'cause it happens when you least expect it!
  • Options
    Dont worry about it. Ive been single for about 6 months. Had a few flings, met some loosers, still havnt met anyone decent. The few people i kind of like are already taken. Even with them its probably just because im bored. Im just giving up 'looking' as such. No point in doing that. Think im picky too really, 99% of guys at my uni suck and dont seem to be many lesbians.
  • Options
    i find personally, the harder u look, u less chance its guna happen. Finding the right person, it just happens, when u least expect it usually.
  • Options
    nowt wrong with being picky, no point in settling for second best.

Maybe if you're female you can be a little yuppie, afraid it's a bit different for the opposite sex.
  • Options
    People say I'm picky, but it's really only when it comes to guys... I mean I don't really find them that attractive for some reason. I agree with you though, they have to be physically and mentally sexy... I mean guys make awesome mates but partners... -shrug-

Ahhh I dunno, maybe I'm gay...

Is being picky part of being frightened? Like looking for excuses not to go out with guys?
  • Options
    People say I'm picky, but it's really only when it comes to guys... I mean I don't really find them that attractive for some reason. I agree with you though, they have to be physically and mentally sexy... I mean guys make awesome mates but partners... -shrug-

Ahhh I dunno, maybe I'm gay...

Is being picky part of being frightened? Like looking for excuses not to go out with guys?
    it certainly can be.
    it's what i said in a post not long ago actually.

i'm picky, but sometimes its because im judging them against a past boyfriend.
  • Options
    i always judge people against exs! kinda bad. but then often when i force myself to give them a chance they often turn out to be wankers.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    99% of guys at my uni suck

Do you have any empirical data to justify that statement, or were you making a sweeping generalisation?
  • Options
    the 1% who don't have some sort of problem with their lips that means they are physical unable to do so.
  • Options
    carrot12 wrote:
    Do you have any empirical data to justify that statement, or were you making a sweeping generalisation?
    I don't think she means it literally.

There are't any hot men in my uni either.
  • Options
    I don't think she means it literally.

There are't any hot men in my uni either.

That's the problem with the realm of the sexes. Someone must be genetically perfect in order to even be considered. It's outrageous.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    That's the problem with the realm of the sexes. Someone must be genetically perfect in order to even be considered. It's outrageous.

I'm perfect I'm 6ft 1 blonde hair blue eyes

Seig Heil!
  • Options
    Lol yeah i mean there arnt many guys i am attracted to. I dont want a 'perfect' looking guy by any means, but i just havnt seen many who really get me going. Everyone has their own taste. Its not just looks either! Personality too! I met a good looking guy a while ago, but he was so up himself i didnt even give him a chance.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    I wouldn't say that. If someone's attractive, then they're attractive. It doesn't mean they're perfect by any means.

What one woman's trash is another woman's treasure... :thumb:

Ilora x
  • Options
    I wouldn't say that. If someone's attractive, then they're attractive. It doesn't mean they're perfect by any means.

What one woman's trash is another woman's treasure... :thumb:

Ilora x

That's true, however if someone is physically attractive I would assume that would nudge the scale.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    That's true, however if someone is physically attractive I would assume that would nudge the scale.

But 'physically attractive' imeans different things to different people.

Like, say I'm going out with Bob and I think he's bloody gorgeous. But Ilora doesn't think Bob's a stunner - she thinks he's a bit of a dog-end.

So the opinions differ from person to person.

No matter what anyone says, the way someone looks DOES play a part in fancying someone. I'm not saying it comes above personality, because for me it doesn't, but there has to be at least a little bit of physical attraction for it to work.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    What is 'perfect'? You're attracted to who you're attracted to... every single person doesn't have the same criteria for what constitutes a good mate.

I've seen some real mingers with pretty girls.
  • Options
    im probably quite picky, i have my 'type' sort of....but it's not like he needs x colour hair and need to be x feet tall and so on....
    and of course i want to be with a guy who can be my best friend as well....like my ex, we had loads in common, made each other laugh and i thought he was pretty yummy too :)
    but there's not much point in dating a guy who you get on with but don't really find them attractive and vice versa, the two need to go hand in hand for a good relationship.
  • Options
    That is what dating is about... people don't meet and amrry their first decent date.
  • Options
    i dont think theres anything wrong in being "picky"...i think.

I know i am!!!

sometimes think when i'm feelin lonely that theres been a few guys who i could have had a relationship with and wonder why i didnt. However realise that i would have just been dating them for the sake of it and wouldnt have been happy myself or made them happy. but they weren't 'right' for me, whether it be personality or looks!

Some people can just float in and out of relationships. for me though, i kind of have to know that i want it otherwise i feel awkward and worry i would be using the guy and know deep down in the long run it wouldnt be good.