Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Icky nose

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so when I sleep I always breathe thru my nose. I also have bad nasal problems and accumulate alot of nose ickies, especially at night. During the dry fall and winter months, and with the breathing thru my nose, it in turn gets vry dry. When I wake up I need to blow my nose however its too dry and when I do I get a bloody nose. Always in the same side. Does anybody else experience this? Does anybody have any tips on what I can do? Maybe put something in there before/after bed? Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    If it's the lack of humidity, you could try a humidifier for your room.

If you don't fancy that, stick your head over some steamy water when you wake up. Or just have a hot shower.
  • Options
    Bloody nose - I used to get this and got told that it's because I blow my nose too much. (Something to do with a blood vessel, can't remember what though)
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    If you don't fancy that, stick your head over some steamy water when you wake up. Or just have a hot shower.

I made sure to take my shower before I even touched my nose and it worked great. Thanks!