Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cold hands and feet

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Is it normal for my hands and feet, and especially fingers and toes, to feel so much colder than the rest of me? It's not a matter of clothing, because even when I'm completely naked (just before having a shower, for example) they're still colder. Especially my toes get so cold, that when the warm water hits them they hurt.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    poor blood circiulation maybe?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    often down to poor circulation.

if they turn funny colours (white, purple, blue, then bright, bright red after) it could be something called raynaud's disease which is quite common and usually nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    I guess it's bad circulation, I get headrushes too (though I haven't for some months now).

I've heard about raynaud's disease, but I never noticed my skin changing colours... Though sometimes when I look at my palms I see different colours in spots. I think it's because you can almost see my arteries through the skin.
  • Options
    Hm, if it's the poor circulation thing, is there anything I can do to help my hands and feet from being so cold? I really hate it, and what's worse, the skin on my hands loses its elasticity in winter because of the cold, and I hate that even more.