Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

News In Brief (sorry)

It's a difficult time in Britain. Blair's on the rack, following his party instead of leading it. His new internment bill is in tatters, 24-hour drinking is about to come in and the country is generally going down the toilet. So, what do the Tory leadership candidates want to talk about? Well, take a look here.

As irrelevant as the Tory party, I'd say. :rolleyes:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    So, what do the Tory leadership candidates want to talk about?

I'm sure they chose the questons for the presenters to ask them...
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    24-hour drinking is about to come in and the country is generally going down the toilet.

You're being rather sensationalist.

His internment bill bloody well should be in tatters, and what is wrong with the opportunity to purchase alcohol not being restricted to certain hours?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    It's a difficult time in Britain. Blair's on the rack, following his party instead of leading it. His new internment bill is in tatters, 24-hour drinking is about to come in and the country is generally going down the toilet. So, what do the Tory leadership candidates want to talk about? Well, take a look here.

As irrelevant as the Tory party, I'd say. :rolleyes:

Why do you feel the need to take things so seriously?

First of all, the country really isn't in that bad a shape and secondly, the two candidates were only having a laugh. I've seen many shows on TV where Cameron and his supporters and Davies and his supporters talking about issues like the economy and education and what each would offer the public.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    24-hour drinking is about to come in
    That's actually one of the few good bills the government would have introduced of recent...

Incidentally, I see that David Davis is now ahead of Cameron in the polls. Just when you thought the Tories had a chance of getting back into power before we all die of all age, they appear to be preparing to shot themselves in the foot yet again.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    bad seed wrote:
    You're being rather sensationalist./QUOTE]

I'd say this country is heading down the pan. But not because of 24hour drinking. There is ALOT more wrong than that.

I suppose at least 24 hour drinking means the drunkards will be in the pub 24 hours. We wont get htem lying on the street. ;p
  • Options
    The country isn't heading down the tpoilet at all- or not in the Daily Mail ranting way that Stargalaxy is meaning.

They were asked the question as a joke question, cheer the heck up for goodness sake.
  • Options
    if you think things are bad now SG ...you should see what it was like in the late seventies early eighties!