Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

slightly worried

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
wherever i go i end up talking about politics with someone. the only place i don't is at home but thats because they are hate mail readers and i'd just get a load of shite and tripe in my face rather than an intresting convosation. I went to dinner with some south africans tonight and had a very good talk about british 60's & 70's politics, which was weird because i wasn't alive and they didn't live here at the time but anyway. I had a debate with my biology teacher about sustainable energy and the morals and ethics in relation to the slow destruction of the world. I'm positive that i've woken up wheresmyplacebo before to talk politics at 2am.

should i be worried or am i just part and parcle of the odd world?

Comments

• Options
    I never get the chance to verbalize politics with anyone save here. When you keep it all to your self, that can be frustrating and worrying.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I end up doing it at home too. Sadly my parents are also DAily Mail readers. Sigh.

Politics is like, the only thing to discuss it seems. As my parents also share few other interests ;p
  • Options
    I never get the chance to verbalize politics with anyone save here. When you keep it all to your self, that can be frustrating and worrying.
    It really depends on how you voice your opinion. There are people on here willing to listen to it (or at least myself, probably others) but you jus make statements and then don't provide any meat on the bones, if ya get me.