Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Your Ideal Honeymoon Destination

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    On your way to a frozen-over hell?

Haha, quite :p
  • Options
    Seriously, Venice is one of the most horrible cities I've ever been to. Architectually, it is stunning and beaten only by a handful of European cities including Florence, St. Petersburg, Paris and Salamanca. However, the tourists, the tackiness, the stench and the general feeling of no Italian flavour whatsoever made it almost unbearable.
  • Options
    id go to goa definately :) I LOVE IT there :) gorgeous
  • Options
    I want to go up towards the Arctic and chase the aurora. That would be fucking magic. :hyper:
  • Options
    Seriously, Venice is one of the most horrible cities I've ever been to. Architectually, it is stunning and beaten only by a handful of European cities including Florence, St. Petersburg, Paris and Salamanca. However, the tourists, the tackiness, the stench and the general feeling of no Italian flavour whatsoever made it almost unbearable.

Florence is a much better city to visit in Itlay, as Vince is aimed at tourists so much now. I would love to go to St. Petersburg sometime too and Prague.
  • Options
    Well, I still think a tourist-free Venice would be the perfect Honeymoon destination. I really liked it there, believe it or not.

Florence is stunning, though, I agree :yes:
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    Florence is a much better city to visit in Itlay, as Vince is aimed at tourists so much now. I would love to go to St. Petersburg sometime too and Prague.

I think I said this a while ago that Prague is in danger of being ruined like Amsterdam has been. I was fortunate enough to be there the spring before it got properly invaded by the lager-swilling stag parties. I fear sadly that it's been well and truly Anglified. Very sad but I'm glad I got to go there before it got ruined.

Another beautiful place in the Czech Republic is a place called Czesky Krumlov which is about 2 hours east of Prague. It's like the historic centre of Prague but with no tourists whatsoever. It's fantastic. Brno is pretty cool aswell.

Petersburg is a phenomenal place. More cosmopolitan than Moscow and arguably more vibrant. Go there now.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice thunderstruck.
  • Options
    Actually...I've always wanted to go to the Galapagos Islands...mmm
    Think I'll have that instead! :heart:
  • Options
    I think I said this a while ago that Prague is in danger of being ruined like Amsterdam has been. I was fortunate enough to be there the spring before it got properly invaded by the lager-swilling stag parties. I fear sadly that it's been well and truly Anglified. Very sad but I'm glad I got to go there before it got ruined.

I was there last summer and in my opinion it had already become overwhelmed with tourists (more Americans and Brits than stag parties specificallly) and the people had aknowledged this so it was very tourist driven and tacky in some parts.

After a few days I was all for pressing on to Poland and that's what we did. I regret not going to other bits like Czecky though.
  • Options
    Actually...I've always wanted to go to the Galapagos Islands...mmm
    Think I'll have that instead! :heart:

Ha! I'm going for New Year with Mrs. T. I'll let you know what it's like.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Seriously, Venice is one of the most horrible cities I've ever been to.

:yes:

It's filthy and it stinks.
    Weekender Offender