Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I hate having weed.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im working and all i can think about is getting high! Im probably going to take my break soon and smoke a joint. The tempting feeling of blazing a joint is just too much, and i must have one. Anyone else get this feeling. I feel its really starting to interfere with my job, i even called in sic the other day to get high. :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get a life, stop smoking at work and use it for a better purpose.
    If that's all you can think about whilst at work you are either dumb or need to get a more stimulating/satisfying job. Why fuck off work for bits of a plant which cost money... when you can work and earn more money/feel better about yourself. Use your head mate!
    well i do have a pretty boring job.. I make window frames and it is dull :shocking: . Anybody can do it...
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Perhaps you might find the Know Cannabis website worth a look. They have a quiz on there that allows you to assess how weed impacts on your life and gives you practical things to try if you are worried about your usage.
    blade_fury wrote:
    Im working and all i can think about is getting high! Im probably going to take my break soon and smoke a joint. The tempting feeling of blazing a joint is just too much, and i must have one. Anyone else get this feeling. I feel its really starting to interfere with my job, i even called in sic the other day to get high. :banghead:

Sounds like the start of the slippery slope.
    Uprising wrote:
    Get a life, stop smoking at work and use it for a better purpose.
    If that's all you can think about whilst at work you are either dumb or need to get a more stimulating/satisfying job. Why fuck off work for bits of a plant which cost money... when you can work and earn more money/feel better about yourself. Use your head mate!
    have to agree :yes: would you want to employ someone who threw sickies to spend a day out of their tree on weed? Its only a matter of time before you're found out and you'll be sacked on the spot.
    Get help and sort yourself out....do you seriously want to spend the only life you'll get addicted to weed?
    Ballerina wrote:
    have to agree :yes: would you want to employ someone who threw sickies to spend a day out of their tree on weed? Its only a matter of time before you're found out and you'll be sacked on the spot.
    Get help and sort yourself out....do you seriously want to spend the only life you'll get addicted to weed?

Hey, I've been smoking every day for over 2 years, I bet i get more enjoyment from life than a lot of people who don't ;)
    Spliffie wrote:
    Hey, I've been smoking every day for over 2 years, I bet i get more enjoyment from life than a lot of people who don't ;)
    you mean enjoyment from weed, not life?
    but do you pull sickies to stay at home and get high?

(we seem to disagree alot don't we? :p)
    Ballerina wrote:
    you mean enjoyment from weed, not life?
    but do you pull sickies to stay at home and get high?

(we seem to disagree alot don't we? :p)

Enjoyment from weed is enjoyment from life, just as doing anything you enjoy derives from life itself :) .

Nah, I'm a student with a flat and I don't work...which is fortunate.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Enjoyment from weed is enjoyment from life, just as doing anything you enjoy derives from life itself :) .

Nah, I'm a student with a flat and I don't work...which is fortunate.
    thats not too bad then, it's just unfair on an employer to be paying money to someone who doesnt give a shit about their job and just cares about getting high when it could probably be going to someone who really needs it
    Ballerina wrote:
    thats not too bad then, it's just unfair on an employer to be paying money to someone who doesnt give a shit about their job and just cares about getting high when it could probably be going to someone who really needs it

Who cares if he's working a shit job, being exploited, and spending time off to get high? And he hasn't said he didn't need the job either - he obviously is as he's posting here about it.
    Sliffie- Don't get my post wrong, I smoke it myself and have done it daily more often than not morning til bed but skiving work to get stoned and anxiously waiting for your next toking oppurtunity is not good.

Going to work a little high is one thing... swapping work for smoke is another!
    Uprising wrote:
    Sliffie- Don't get my post wrong, I smoke it myself and have done it daily more often than not morning til bed but skiving work to get stoned and anxiously waiting for your next toking oppurtunity is not good.

Going to work a little high is one thing... swapping work for smoke is another!

Yeah i know, staying off work to get high is one of the first stages towards becoming a stoned bum. As I said, it's a slippery slope. Afroman sums up the essence perfectly...
    Ah yes, sorry read your first post now.
    You're right in that, doing stuff like that and you'll lose a lot while not really gaining anything at all.
    if u go with out for a few weeks u'll realise how much u dont need it, and how crap it actually is. just dont try and replace it with alcohol, it really doesnt work out very well.
    its not good to bunk off work jus to have a smoke, but i know what you mean espically (i know i cant spell !) when im at college, having a bad day or bored i think to myself i could really do with a joint and that will make it better even though the boredoms there and your monging it ! lol
    I used to smoke all day in school too...

thread starter, have you any hobbies, do them, motivate yourself a bit more. A toke should be a privelage, not some necessity.
    When i've got stuff i used to always just sit and smoke it but these days i find i can not smoke as much, saying that i still get stoned everyday but it used to be all the time..school, work, home and out at night.
    Wow, i couldn't imaging blazing a joint at work. Now after work :yes:

I'm in sales, and there is no way I could operate properly after getting stoned. But then again we have some of the world's best weed where I live so I guess I'm kinda lucky.
    I remember about 8 months ago smoking a few really good pipes before going to work once, took a whitey, first time I took one in a couple of years...walked in to work, the manager just pointed at a load of heavey boxes I had to carry from the stock room to the shop itself, open them up and stock them out...felt like dying so I did.
    lol, never had a good time in my life being at work stoned. used to get the para1s a bit too much
    I remember that turlough..u and gofffff
    Well you guys are all saying that being stoned at work isnt good but im getting a promotion :):):) I got called into the bosses office today and he is pleased with my work, hes moving me up the framing machine and i get a $2.45 per hour raise !

As for the topic, its not that i need weed, its that it helps me to tolerate shit. I worry less about things and am just easier to get along with, i dont get so high as to be a true stoner.
    blade_fury wrote:
    As for the topic, its not that i need weed, its that it helps me to tolerate shit. I worry less about things and am just easier to get along with, i dont get so high as to be a true stoner.

See it's quite worrying imo that you need weed to cope/tolerate..there are other ways of doing this, more healthy too on the ole lungs aswell.
    blade_fury wrote:
    Well you guys are all saying that being stoned at work isnt good but im getting a promotion :):):) I got called into the bosses office today and he is pleased with my work, hes moving me up the framing machine and i get a $2.45 per hour raise !

It might not be a good idea to operate that framing machine while stoned out your box :thumb:
    I used to get absolutely wasted during lunchbreaks at a call centre.

I didn't last too long :D .
    lol I used to get blasted on weed and drink too working on the helpdesk and taking calls, fucking sucked.

Only not so long ago I stopped. I quit jobs in the past getting stoned too, was even on the dole for 2 months, makes me sick thinking about it now.

I haven't smoked a spliff in months now, its my birthday friday though so i'll treat myself :P
    I think its definitely not a good thing when you spend that much time or effort getting stoned, or taking any sort of drugs, if its to 'help you cope' or whatever, drugs should be something to look forward to at the weekend, or a change of scene in your life. By blocking out worries etc.. by smoking dope you just keep coming back to it when you get sober.