Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blogs are shite

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Blogs are for wankers, yes? Is it just me or has Google been fucked right up by a shitload of whiney blogging twats who, for some reason, want to share EVERY bloody moment of their vapid little lives? There's probably a lot of bloggers (even that term annoys me) on here, if so can you please tell me why the hell you want to write a public diary? It seems like probably the most self-obsessed, masturbatory thing you could possibly do.

Comments

• Options
    Blogs are for wankers, yes?

Yes *pats you on the head* :)
    It seems like probably the most self-obsessed, masturbatory thing you could possibly do.

Not really, but it comes in at a close 2nd to masturbation :D
  • Options
    I don't write a public diary....just friends only, which is what you'll find a lot of people do. Blogs are for me a memory of what i've done and a way to keep friends up to date with my life when I'm away from home and hence don't see or speak to them often.
  • Options
    Yet I note you link to it in your signature, for the whole internet to see. As well as Faceparty and HotorNot, which are even fucking worse.
  • Options
    if you dont like it, don't read it, simple as really
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The Dutch wrote:
    Blogs are for wankers, yes?

So you have one then?
    The Dutch wrote:
    There's probably a lot of bloggers (even that term annoys me) on here,

That you have just insulted.
    The Dutch wrote:
    if so can you please tell me why the hell you want to write a public diary?

Because they want to?
    The Dutch wrote:
    It seems like probably the most self-obsessed, masturbatory thing you could possibly do.

Yes dear.

What was the point in signing up to this website? To insult people? Well done, you seem to have done that.

:yeees:
  • Options
    But then I don't get to act bitter and hateful towards a bunch of strangers, and if the internet isn't here for that reason then I don't know WHAT the hell it's for.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The Dutch wrote:
    But then I don't get to act bitter and hateful towards a bunch of strangers, and if the internet isn't here for that reason then I don't know WHAT the hell it's for.

I get the impression you are either a) a troll or b) a regular member pretending to be a troll.

How mature.
  • Options
    Yet you still take the time to reply to me. OMG I AM NOT MACHOOR WEEPS!!1!1!!one!1
  • Options
    The Dutch wrote:

a person who blogs doesnt act bitter to strangers, as strangers have the option of reading it or not
  • Options
    I only have a blog to piss people off like you!!
  • Options
    don't you have anything else better to do? you know what you're doing is basically the same as writing in an online journal :yeees: grow up
  • Options
    i christen this thread, and it shall be henceforth known as

the blog of the dutch
  • Options
    Tbh I think you lot are going a bit too hard on the guy, he has an opinion (a little warped) but still an opinion...criticise the language he uses but not the opinion.
  • Options
    the thing is its hard to differentiate between the two, when the strength of a no matter how flawed argument, is that its full of emotive language
  • Options
    I Am An Emotional Guy. Blog That, Huh?
  • Options
    This is why brothers and sisters should not breed with each other. Just say no kids! :D
  • Options
    Far better to have a personal blog for whining and general twattishness of no interest to anyone but yourself than to clog up messageboards with such drivel.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I guess I should be a MATURE and ADULT. HEY, I'M JUST GONNA GO THROW A DINNER PARTY AND HAVE SOME WITTY AND SCINTILLATING CONVERSATION, OKAY?

Really though, why do people wear it as some sort of badge of honour that they write moany little articles on the internet? It's no achievement to whine, why do people sometimes seem to be PROUD of it?
  • Options
    It's no achievement to whine, why do people sometimes seem to be PROUD of it?

Maybe you should answer your own question?

Would you like some cheese with that whine? :D
  • Options
    The Dutch wrote:
    I'm sorry, I guess I should be a MATURE and ADULT. HEY, I'M JUST GONNA GO THROW A DINNER PARTY AND HAVE SOME WITTY AND SCINTILLATING CONVERSATION, OKAY?

Really though, why do people wear it as some sort of badge of honour that they write moany little articles on the internet? It's no achievement to whine, why do people sometimes seem to be PROUD of it?

Are you saying you are the one who should decide what an individual can and cannot be proud of?

plus you seem to be quite proud of your whining achievemnet in here
  • Options
    The Dutch wrote:

It's a good way to get some things off your chest?
    Kazbo also made a good point.

Personally I don't see much point of diaries/blogs or whatever but it's not something I'd get worked up about.
  • Options
    Maybe I should answer my own question? If that means that you're implying that I am moaning, yes, I am. But I do not give myself credit for it, I'm not claiming it as some sort of achievement. And cheese rocks my fucking world, okay?
  • Options
    just because people write in journals doesn't mean they want credit, and they won't always whine, they'll write happy stuff too
    i'm guessing you're not an adult
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm six years old, I've just got a flithy mouth.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    they won't always whine, they'll write happy stuff too

• Options
    The Dutch wrote:
    Yeah, I'm six years old, I've just got a flithy mouth.

well wash it out with soap then
  • Options
    The Dutch wrote:
    I Am An Emotional Guy. Blog That, Huh?
    Actually a lot of people find blogs theraputic to write, they can be a vent for their energies and it's not like they're hurtng anybody by making them are they?

I occasionally check my LJ to see what my friends back home are up to. There's no harm in doing it at all, either it's your thing or it isn't.
  • Options
    Well it's not my thing, and it fucks me right off. Call me irrational, call me annoying, call me a cunt, whatever. Blogs are the fucking cancer of the internet.
  • Options
    The Dutch wrote:
    Well it's not my thing, and it fucks me right off. Call me irrational, call me annoying, call me a cunt, whatever. Blogs are the fucking cancer of the internet.

Oh no not another annoying irrational cunt :p
  • Options
    Smash wrote:
    i mean every single blog in the world cant be full of depressing entries can it?