Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

thought that counts?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey peeps me again...
well I bought a few birthday gifts for this woman I said about in a previous post, and I really want to get it across how special she is to me.
Well after browsing thorntons for an hour I decided against the bigger boxes of chocolate to go with a smaller (5 chocs!) pack but the box is really nice with a ribbon etc and looks much better (i think) than a standard square box.
Now I'm worried it'll seem cheap and like I didn't really bother.

so girls, could you give a hand to a desperate guy and tell me if you personally would care about the lack of chocolates or would you appreciate the gesture same as if it was a bigger box.

sorry for the long bizarre question but I really don't know what to do here... mates give advice but half the time I swear they're just trying to make me feel better :( cheers for any advice.

Comments

• Options
    You can usually tell right off the bat if she is a gold digger high maintence bitch. If she is not, then yes, the smaller box shall be nice. I'm not guaranteeing it will, but it should. I always think its the thought that counts. Believe me or not, I would rather get that small cheap gift thats full of thought and concern than some expensive thing that he had somebody else buy because he couldn't be wasted with time. But everybody is different. Hopefully you should be able to tell.
  • Options
    Everyone's different and feels differently about presents. Personally, I wouldn't like chocolates as a birthday present unless it was from someone who didn't know me very well, although as a random 'I really like you' present, I'd think it was sweet whatever the size of the box :)
  • Options
    i would actually prefer the smaller box. big/more isnt always better
  • Options
    Browsing Thorntons for an hour? :eek:

Are you getting her something other than the chocs too?
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    Everyone's different and feels differently about presents. Personally, I wouldn't like chocolates as a birthday present unless it was from someone who didn't know me very well, although as a random 'I really like you' present, I'd think it was sweet whatever the size of the box :)

yeah pretty much agree with that.

What i normally do i listen out for what people say they want/like when we are shopping together, or if i'm really pushed i buy them something i think i might like as a gift.
  • Options
    No it's not - it's the size that counts - don't you read Cosmopolitan?
  • Options
    No it's not - it's the size that counts - don't you read Cosmopolitan?
    Are you sure you're not thinking of a different thread? :P
  • Options
    thanks soooo much peeps it's a big help.
    I know her on speaking terms but not well enough to suprise her with some jewels or whatever lol, though she's into tigger so I got her a snow globe from the disney shop... looks really nice (yeah I know I'm going soppy :D) and hopefully she likes it.
    I'm normally well sure of what I'm getting people but I'm so loved up every action / word gets contorted in my head. shit there I go again on my lovesick ramblings - well I'll stop before anyway slaps me;)
    cheers again ladies (and any blokes) I owe you lot big time.