Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wipe Israel from map, says Iran’s president

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/14ee1ccc-465b-11da-8880-00000e2511c8.html

Now does everyone see that an Iran with nuclear weapons would be very bad and extremely frightening?

Comments

• Options
    How about we wipe Iran off the map?
  • Options
    The man doesn't do himself any favours, that's for sure.

I still believe it amounts to little more than bravado and politics (he was delivering a speech to students after all) and that had he nuclear weapons he would not use them first. Not unless he has a death wish for him and his entire people. But he's complicating his existence needlessly over this. The last thing the US government needs is free ammunition...
  • Options
    i'm begining to see the american idea ...suck the middle east dry and then turn the fucking place into glass.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    After Israel's showing of attitude towards the Arab states... we don't care about those bastards doing as they please... Just cos they got the power, that don't mean they got the right, to quote.

I mean... it's nothing worse than what Israel has said before... Sharron Especially.
  • Options
    http://news.ft.com/cms/s/14ee1ccc-465b-11da-8880-00000e2511c8.html

Now does everyone see that an Iran with nuclear weapons would be very bad and extremely frightening?

Is it true that Israel has nuclear weapons?

:confused:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

Many. Is a Zionistic bastard like Sharron, known for ordering the murder of many civilians... safe with nukes?!
  • Options

And has Israel ever spoke of the need to wipe Iran from the map? I thought not.

Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    After Israel's showing of attitude towards the Arab states... we don't care about those bastards doing as they please... Just cos they got the power, that don't mean they got the right, to quote.

I mean... it's nothing worse than what Israel has said before... Sharron Especially.

No worse than what Israel has said before? Erm when has Israel spoke of the need to wipe Iran off the map? Or indeed any other Arab state?

Israel's showing of attitude towards the Arab states? I guess you're not familiar with the 1978 Camp David Accords that led to the Israel-Egypt peace treaty and full diplomatic relations. Or the 1994 peace treaty with Jordan. Oh and how do you think it makes the Israelis feel when Arab teams boycott their athletes at the Olympics? Iran refuses to play against Israel, etc. Still, I suppose being boycotted by Arab athletes doesn't really compare to Israeli athletes being blown up by terrorists.

Seriously, do some reading as you just look ignorant whenever you comment on this. Try and get hold of Righteous Victims: A History of the Zionist-Arab Conflict, 1881-1999 by Benny Morris. He's one of Israel's 'New Historians' - he's a revisionist, he rejects the traditional Arab and Zionist historiography so he's usually criticised from both sides.
  • Options
    And has Israel ever spoke of the need to wipe Iran from the map? I thought not.

So, I should feel safe because Israel has nukes but isn't issuing threats.

But I should feel concerned that Iran hasn't got nukes and is issuing threats?

Sorry, doesn't work for me.
  • Options

Hasn't got them, at the moment ;)
  • Options
    So, I should feel safe because Israel has nukes but isn't issuing threats.

Sorry, doesn't work for me.

Israel has had nuclear weapons for ages and never used them. I can’t think of much that will change that. On the other hand if the fanatical, fundamentalist Muslims that govern Iran (who believe in executing gays and people who have affairs) got their hands on nuclear weapons and used them against Israel well I guess Israel would use their nuclear weapons.

Simple fact is the world would be a far more dangerous place if Iran had nuclear weapons. And when Iran start talking about the need to wipe Israel from the map it further proves that point.
  • Options
    I give it 6 months before the US (and probably the UK as well) are invading Iran. The press have been given tasty little tidbits to dish out to the public and the goverments are making noises about nuclear weapons and how they're not safe to have them.

IMO it's a not so covert operation that they governments are undertaking to soften people up to the idea of another invasion. People will have been hearing about nuclear weapons, Iran training troops to attack the UK etc etc for a year or so and i'll seem like the logical step to take.

Not to mention that Iran is such an oil rich nation.
  • Options
    Does anyone still think that Iran should be allowed nuclear weapons after this outburst from their elected leader?

Thought not.
  • Options
    Does anyone still think that Iran should be allowed nuclear weapons after this outburst from their elected leader?

Thought not.

I do. They're less dangerous than the US. Fact.

Secondly, i don't know if you have noticed but the US aren't the world police force. America is just the county equivilant of a playground bully. It's been left unchecked for too long and now it believes it's own hype.
  • Options
    Has the US ever used nukes in an aggressive manner?

Has it ever stated that a country should be wiped off the map because it is a Jewish state?

No. The world is far better off with the US at its helm - just be thankful that its a western, democratic country in charge, rather than an Islamist or other autocratic/theocratic regime.
  • Options
    Er... yes.
  • Options

Has it ever stated that a country should be wiped off the map because it is a Jewish state?

No. The world is far better off with the US at its helm - just be thankful that its a western, democratic country in charge, rather than an Islamist or other autocratic/theocratic regime.

Aren't they the only country who have used nukes in an aggressive manner?

Ah Bush, that most sane of men. A man who believes the God tells him his foreign policy, doesn't have a basic grasp of the English language and is unforgiveably stupid.

I must say that the world is doing just peachy with the good ol' US of A at it's helm.
  • Options
    Er... yes.

Fraid not. And I (and most clued up people) wont accept that the use of them against Japan in WW2 was in the least bit not designed to save many millions more American and Japanese lives.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    How is dropping an atomic bomb on a city not an act of agression? :confused:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Necessary evil for a greater good.

And it was Japan that started the war in the first place.
  • Options
    Fraid not. And I (and most clued up people) wont accept that the use of them against Japan in WW2 was in the least bit not designed to save many millions more American and Japanese lives.
    The US used nuclear weapons 'first', obviously against a non-nuclear power, in anger (i.e. war) and certainly not as a last resort.

It qualifies as an aggressive use of nuclear weapons whichever way you want to look at it.

And I don't think even hardline Republicans would argue with that.

It's all the more worry, in fact. A nation that is prepared to drop nuclear bombs on civilian targets as a quick way to solve a conflict is a very frightening prospect indeed.

And look at this: after signing the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty and agreeing never to use nuclear weapons against a non-nuclear nation, the chimp has proposed changing policy to allow first use even against non-nuclear nations: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/26/boffins_against_the_bomb/

I'd say the US is infinitely more dangerous to other nations and to world peace than Iran could possibly be...
  • Options
    And it was Japan that started the war in the first place.
    So that's alright then.
  • Options
    Israel has had nuclear weapons for ages and never used them. I can’t think of much that will change that. On the other hand if the fanatical, fundamentalist Muslims that govern Iran (who believe in executing gays and people who have affairs) got their hands on nuclear weapons and used them against Israel well I guess Israel would use their nuclear weapons.

Simple fact is the world would be a far more dangerous place if Iran had nuclear weapons. And when Iran start talking about the need to wipe Israel from the map it further proves that point.

Yes, yes we all know that you think Israel is the passive victim of nasty Middle Eastern aggression. that Israel would never use force except to defend itself, and has always done its best to be a good neighbour..........

*yawn*
  • Options
    Yes, yes we all know that you think Israel is the passive victim of nasty Middle Eastern aggression. that Israel would never use force except to defend itself, and has always done its best to be a good neighbour..........

*yawn*

It's nearly 6 years to the day when Israel will cease to exist......
  • Options
    nutter alert!
  • Options
    People will have been hearing about nuclear weapons, Iran training troops to attack the UK etc etc for a year or so
    ATTACK THE UK!
    thats some good propaganda you been smoking son.
  • Options
    tony blair today said ...something has to be done about iran ...he said if we didn't do something now ...people would be asking why we didn't do something about iran?

can't remember the exact words as i was half listening whilst driving ...but it sent a little chill through me ...
  • Options
    Haha - Just you watch the US/UK troops when they enter Iran!

They'll be falling dead like flies!
  • Options
    NDC777 wrote:
    Haha - Just you watch the US/UK troops when they enter Iran!

They'll be falling dead like flies!
    you find the prospect of british and american troops being slaughtered amusing?
  • Options
    you find the prospect of british and american troops being slaughtered amusing?

No, but it's what'll happen. US & UK have no clue as to what they're letting themselves in for.
  • Options
    NDC777 wrote:
    US & UK have no clue as to what they're letting themselves in for.
    but you do ...curtesy of solog?