Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

When do you know when you have given up on love?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a single, average looking, 46 year old, socially celibate, A-sexual, gay guy whose been looking for love in all the wrong places. Can you help me find Mr. Right...? :impissed:

I've searched throughout my entire life for that gallant Prince Charming to come and sweep me off my feet but all I got are some slimly residues by kissing frogs' lips. May be my ideal expectations are little too high for my own good; but, I'm tired of being that fly on the wall who always gets hit with the rolled up newspaper from time to time instead of being that object of romantic attraction. :nervous:

I pretty much do what every single gay guy does when they're trying to be available for that "possible" long-term intimate relationship; however, I keep on missing the mark by getting hooked up with guys who have major psychological problems like...alcoholism, drug addiction, violent tendencies, past child abuse, or just the lack of self-esteem when dealing with personal commitment. Could it possibly be that I'm not the real instigator with the lack of seductive charisma in order to make a relationship work? :eek:

True, I do hold myself partially to blame for the current solitary lifestyle that I lead today, but why can't cute guys whom I wish to have a deeper relationship with see me for what I am with all my humanized faults and transparencies? They should nurture all the positive benefits of knowing what a great catch that I am in their nets. :yeees:

Often at times, I look at public/personal rejection as their way of expressing that I'm an ugly ducking who hasn't emerged into a beautiful swan. If beauty is only skin deep then, I firmly and honestly believe that true beauty lies within the soul and not with physical attractiveness. :(
:(
In conclusion, should I still stride on for that mythological Adonis to walk into my life and sweep me off my feet or do I honestly admit that my hopes are fading fast. So, I put this question to all of you...my fellow readers...when do you know when you have given up on love...? :thumb: or :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    I believe that love will find you when you least expect it. Stop looking and maybe it will surprise you.

I believe that people search for love until the day they die. For a life without any form of love, sure is a lonely one.
  • Options
    Ive only found the real thing once. I also have the thing of attracting people with psychological problems. It is so true that you cant look for love! It just appears at the most random times! :)
  • Options
    My mom was 60 years old when she finally remarried. That was 4 years ago. So never give up. If the search is causing you heart ache then stop looking and just relax. The idea of love finding you when you least expect it is just one of those things in life that's difficult to explain. It just happens.
  • Options
    You should never give up, but neither should you think that it's the "be all and end all" of your life either.

Good long term relationships work on the basis of living each day together as if it's the only day you have together. That is what you should aim for.

Don't look for the long term partner. Look for one who you are happy to spend to today with, maybe tomorrow...