Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

acid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i did some last nite, pretty good stuff. a few questions to anyone else who has done it. Just how dangerous is it? like i''ve heard people say u get flashbacks etc but dno if its actually true. Whats the average price.

Comments

• Options
    wrong forum
  • Options
    Drugs forum is that way ---->

:p
  • Options
    You'd be best posting this in the Drugs forum.

I've never taken the stuff, but I've heard about this flashback business.
  • Options
    well thats what i get for doing drugs all nite. hmm..... how do i change it?
  • Options
    Just start a new one there, or PM Jim V.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've done my fair share of acid and never had any of these 'flashbacks'.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I've never taken the stuff, but I've heard about this flashback business.

Before anyone makes a fool of themselves and says that flashbacks are about crystals of the drug in your brain or arse or where ever, its totally untrue.

Flashbacks from hallucinogens are just like memories, its just they are stronger because the memories are stronger. It is exactly the same as people who have had a car crash or other strong experience.

They are uncommon and not always unpleasant.

Oh, and you dont go mad after taking X number of trips.
  • Options
    trippy drugs have left me with a strange way of thinking about things

i've always noticed a bit of HPPD since i started dabbling with trips, but after taking snowballs (DOB) the other month, my eyes are fucked, i get a lot of visual distortions

just smoking cannabis seems to make things a bit trippy

i was playing age of empires yesterday

lay in bed last night seeing units out of the game moving about when my eyes were closed

was pretty weird

also prone to paranoia but i'd say this is a result of all the drugs combined

i think too much too
  • Options
    wooo
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    trippy drugs have left me with a strange way of thinking about things

i've always noticed a bit of HPPD since i started dabbling with trips, but after taking snowballs (DOB) the other month, my eyes are fucked, i get a lot of visual distortions

just smoking cannabis seems to make things a bit trippy

i was playing age of empires yesterday

lay in bed last night seeing units out of the game moving about when my eyes were closed

was pretty weird

also prone to paranoia but i'd say this is a result of all the drugs combined

i think too much too

Mushrooms/weed/lsd etc have definitely affected my perceptive senses. I've been getting audio hallucinations for well over a year and my vision is generally tripped out regardless of whether i'm high or not.

Other people seem to have little problem though and look at me as if to say, "what the fuck are you talking about?"
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Some of you might be interested in filling out the Lasting Visuals Survey on Erowid, which is a UC Berkley research project. Actually the whole HPPD Vault (Hallucinogen Persisting Perceptual Disorder) may be of interest to you.
  • Options
    z01 wrote:

:yes:

I got that playing San Andreas, it's when you look close to the screen for too long and the visions remain...I think you might have a mild form of HPPD

I've got full blown HPPD, gradually getting used to it...some people get really depressed over it, I just learned to accept it, there are quite a few things you can do to make the effects less noticable, not thinking about it all the time is one...hopefully it'll go away some day
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :yes:

I got that playing San Andreas, it's when you look close to the screen for too long and the visions remain...I think you might have a mild form of HPPD

I've got full blown HPPD, gradually getting used to it...some people get really depressed over it, I just learned to accept it, there are quite a few things you can do to make the effects less noticable, not thinking about it all the time is one...hopefully it'll go away some day

You know urban75? There's a dude on there who's fucked up bigtime from lsd, and he wasn't even doing it regularly.

There's also other forums dedicated to HPPD which are worth a look. At first I was a bit concerned, but i've pretty much got used to it.
  • Options
    Yea it's not that bad...at least we can see, some people can't even.

Three things that annoy me though, looking at the sky, looking at lights, then blinking and seeing patches of red,green and purple in my vision...other than that, i'm ok with it...I actually like the black floaters that come down from one corner to the other corner of your vision.
  • Options
    Acid acid acid.

I've only done acid twice, but I quite enjoyed it, I was a little worried about HPPD before i took it, but now I'm fine and people complain about flashbacks...you know what I say to flashbacks?

get in! FREE BUZZ!

I only get flashbacks if I daydream for a couple of minutes then I start to feel like I'm on acid again.

Acid is only a threat to people who have mental issues, if you're a headcase, dont take acid.
  • Options
    did loads of acid many years ago ...had a love affair with the stuff.
    never had any problems since.
    i have hammered lots of drugs ...no problems at all.
    yes i know i'm very fortunate.
  • Options
    did loads of acid many years ago ...had a love affair with the stuff.
    never had any problems since.
    i have hammered lots of drugs ...no problems at all.
    yes i know i'm very fortunate.

Very few people actually get any real serious problems from drug use...HPPD might be a setback but it doesn't turn you into a social recluse or schizo.
  • Options
    I cant imagine it would ruin your life or anything.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Yea it's not that bad...at least we can see, some people can't even.

Three things that annoy me though, looking at the sky, looking at lights, then blinking and seeing patches of red,green and purple in my vision...other than that, i'm ok with it...I actually like the black floaters that come down from one corner to the other corner of your vision.

Ive never done acid, but I get those effects, sometimes when I day dream I get the black and white fuzzy dots or triangles, or red, blue and purple ones when I look at lights or the sky. I thought it was just me.
    How much is a tab nower days?
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:

About a fiver.
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    Ive never done acid, but I get those effects, sometimes when I day dream I get the black and white fuzzy dots or triangles, or red, blue and purple ones when I look at lights or the sky. I thought it was just me.

You can also get it from other drugs like ecstacy.

Last time I had acid it was £4 for a tab.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    You can also get it from other drugs like ecstacy.

Last time I had acid it was £4 for a tab.
    Ecstacy you say, hmmmm; well Ive had it from childhood so I dont think its drug related.
    4squids is a good price, If only folks had it around here. Has anyone tried these pills called strawberries their ecstast with an acid blotter in the middle, supposed to be mental.
  • Options
    There is cid in london jinx , I had some a few weeks ago.
    I wouldn't recommend introducing anyone to this particular substance though, its not for those with emo problems or even slightly depressed with their life.
    In fact even those with happy lives an no apparent emo problems can be affected.I know a woman who had a flashback 6months on from taking it and almost ended her life, she was driving on the motorway at 60mph and had a pink elephant appear in front of her......... :eek2:

I do know that 2cb increases the effects of it, hell 2cb increases the effects of everything!
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    Has anyone tried these pills called strawberries their ecstast with an acid blotter in the middle, supposed to be mental.

That is possible, but massively hugely unlikely. Why put something worth £5 into a tablet you'll struggle to sell for £2.50?
  • Options
    "That is possible, but massively hugely unlikely. Why put something worth £5 into a tablet you'll struggle to sell for £2.50?"

hehe

"Has anyone tried these pills called strawberries their ecstast with an acid blotter in the middle, supposed to be mental."

most likely to have ketamine in it... dangerous...
  • Options
    steejans wrote:
    most likely to have ketamine in it... dangerous...

Not very, certainly the addition of ketamine is undesireable and can catch people of guard, but its not especially physically dangerous.

'Trippy' pills are more likely to be MDA.
  • Options
    "and can catch people of guard"

thats what i meant heh

A friend bought a pill from an unknown source at a club,despite my protesting,and had a really bad experience, falling down stairs and seeing the world oddly, of course he got paranoid luckily i was there and able to sit him down till he got back to normal.
  • Options
    I have taken acid many times whilst been in a club! Never seen anything that hasnt been there and never had any adverse affects!
  • Options
    I've taken acid twice in a club and the first time it was class but the second time i near freaked out, although i did take it with pills at the same time.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Very few people actually get any real serious problems from drug use...HPPD might be a setback but it doesn't turn you into a social recluse or schizo.

turlough, whats that HPPD?