Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nuisance calls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm on o2 online contract, And I'm getting alot of nuisance calls.

What do i do? I dont really want to report her to the police as being nuisance, And i cant block her number from the handset. I just want her to stop calling. I've tried to be nice, I've asked for her to delete my number but she wont, n I've been rude too, and told her to F off but she just doesn't get the message.

Any of you know where I can go with this? I dont want to change my number as I use it for business but she'll call when i'm asleep and when i'm at work and I have to have my phone on silent so-as not to annoy me :(.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    why can't you block the number?
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    why can't you block the number?

I'm not sure, I cant block it on the handset cause my phone (k750i) doesn't support it. And i dont *think* the mobile operators will block numbers without them having done something criminal.
  • Options
    If you ignore her for long enough, wont she just get bored and give up? If not then try having words with o2, something must be able to be done about it.
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    If you ignore her for long enough, wont she just get bored and give up? If not then try having words with o2, something must be able to be done about it.

I've been ignoring her for absoloutely ages but she'll keep ringing many times every week. I just rang o2 cust support & they told me they don't block numbers, they can only change your phone number. & that I can report it to the police if I want.

bah. :(
  • Options
    I sent her a txt saying "Please delete my number, please" and she said ok.. I bet she's lying though :(
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    I sent her a txt saying "Please delete my number, please" and she said ok.. I bet she's lying though :(

You'll just have to wait and see, if she dont then arange to meet with her on and talk about it and see why shes doing this
  • Options
    Talk to your network, sometimes they can help you with blocking numbers if you explain the situation to them.

what does she want anyway? doesnt she know shes running up her credit
  • Options
    Simon has a girlfriend, Simon has a girlllfriend!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You know whatta do mate.

http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000553057860/

YEAH!
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    they told me they don't block numbers
    They do too. If they were going to block all withheld numbers on my phone, surely they'd block a number you knew.

There's a Nuisance Calls Bureaux, but I can't remember the number. I'll try and look it up at some point.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    they will block all private number calls but they won't block a specific number :D

You can get stuff to di it yourself. It does annoy me that... why cant you block a certain number?
  • Options
    they will block all private number calls but they won't block a specific number :D
    Wtf? That's bullshit. What's the point in saying they'll block all withheld numbers just cause of one person, and then not blocking a nuisance caller when you know the number?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Lol , I saw that ages ago on hackaday, If only she was calling my landline.

anyway thanks for all the replies but I think she's finally given up :)