Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Have we made a difference?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has TheSite.org helped you?

In order to show the value of our services we're looking for people to come into the office and help us in creating a bank of case studies for the future.

As a kick off it'd be nice to hear people's views of how they were helped by our website (the boards, the main site and our services like askTheSite) and what we mean to you.

We'd then like to get in touch with some of you about coming down to TheSite towers to talk through things in a bit more detail. Initially this is all going to happen in the next couple of weeks, so a quick response to this would be great, however we're looking for case studies in the long term, so don't be put off if you not able to help immediately.

So over to you, have we made a difference to you?

Edited to - obviously if anyone would like to make a comment, but not in public feel free to email me at jim@thesite.org rather than reply.

Comments

• Options
    I think thesite is useful, especially the drugs and health sections.

Personally I'd like to see more information on laws, things about civil liberties and people's rights as I think it's important that young people knw them.
  • Options
    I've met so many really *really* cool people on this site. Thanks :)

Oh, And I got a gift voucher which was most unexpected but very much appreciated :D. All in all, great site & great people (mostly)
  • Options
    TheSite has given me so many great friends and so yay thank you for that :). It was really helpful to me when I first joined, and still is now.

The amount of times I've said "I'm gonna leave TheSite" and come back after a day because I'm so addicted says a hell of a lot imo!
  • Options
    I PM'ed mine. :)
  • Options
    errr i made lots of friends, had a great time at the manc meets and london meets

met up with kermit and gwst a couple of times now

all in all a cool place
  • Options
    Yep, I really enjoy thesite! I've had good advice and given what I hoped was good advice to others. It adds a new dimension to my social life as I 'meet' people who I wouoldn't necessarily meet in 'real' life. I've also had a really good time on the user panel and feel like I'm contributing, for instance with the youth study. :)

Would be happy to be a case study at some point, but not before christmas, as I have loads on.
  • Options
    i applied to do something on the user panel thingy a while back, never heard anything back
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's help me - Health Section is very useful, as is drink and drugs. Infact, if there is something I need to know in any of the sections - first port of call.

Plus all the folks on the forum rock.
  • Options
    You've been included on the user panel emails MrG - you might want to check that your not spam filtering email from jim@thesite.org or jim.valentine@youthnet.org - oh and drop me a PM with your email so I can confirm I've got the right address.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's been a great help, for several reasons.
    1)It's been somewhere where I could talk with people close to my age, when I had almost no one else.
    2)It's been, as I've said, "my window to the real world". It showed me the true face of life, how the world is outside my "house" (this word used metaphorically).
    3)People here have calmed me down several times when I was sort of panicking about things. I think I've eventually realised the true problem with me, and many people here helped much in that.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    TheSite is my guide to the real world ;)
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    TheSite is my guide to the real world ;)

yay for you :p
  • Options
    As a newbie, let me tell ya, advertising works! I wander around LiveJournal randomly, and today I happened upon a link to TheSite and stumbled in, saw lots of cool articles and noticed there's an active message board. I love message boards! So here I am.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Lycander wrote:
    As a newbie, let me tell ya, advertising works! I wander around LiveJournal randomly, and today I happened upon a link to TheSite and stumbled in, saw lots of cool articles and noticed there's an active message board. I love message boards! So here I am.
    You were searching interests, I take it :p?
  • Options
    Yes.

This place has been a great rock for me to recover from serious depression, I met my wife here, and lots of other really really cool stuff.

I actually pay money to you lot, so that's how much you mean to me:)
  • Options
    thesite.org ...my escape from the real world.

even though i am just a little outside the age range for this place i have enjoyed helping people out and ...recieving help.

its been an education.

my post count is so high because ...for the last three years i have had to remain home or as close to home as possible.
    now i don't have to do that so i use the place less.
    my reality is full of young people ...my kids etc ...so it has helped me look at them and their problems in life with new eyes.
    thanx for having me.
  • Options
    i thank the site for all it dose and hope there is more to come cos this is the best place 2nd to my life yer 3 cheers for the site hip hip ... and so on
  • Options
    by pay money kermit, do you mean taxes?

cause i do that too :)
  • Options
    in the year i've been posting and using the site i've become incredibly grateful to it.

when will you lot launch the official merchandise for us to buy??
  • Options
    Hard to say really. I didn't come here searching for help with problems and most of the users don't share the same problems as I do, so I tend to e-mail the people who I think can help. The Site has given me those contacts though.

What it has done is help me to help others and helped me give voice to my opinions on many things. It's drawn my attention to things I never knew, or given me more information of those that I did.

The fact that I have been here for so long now should say something.
  • Options
    Same here, MoK. I didn't come on here looking for anything in particular, but found it extremely interesting and friendly.

Then - Two months after joining, I was faced with the most serious crisis I have ever faced and will porbably ever have to. It was people like Kermit and Koe182 who gave me advice and helped me through it.

Could never thank the site enough - You'll probably recall that I have mailed you about this in the past Jim.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I came here searching for specific information and needing help and left with a husband ... :chin:

So yes, you have made a huge difference to me.
  • Options
    Okay dokey - just sending out some PMs to let you know how we're going to move forward with the case studies.
  • Options
    I think the Politics board on this forum is excellent - heated at times, but always good for a debate.

I would say that it has helped me grow as a thinker, even if some of the time I post one liners - you can be sure I've read the whole thread throughly.

As for the main page - its got a wealth of information that anyone would find helpful.
  • Options

I would say that it has helped me grow as a thinker,.

As for the main page - its got a wealth of information that anyone would find helpful.
    :yes:

helped me through a very difficult time , who knows what else may have happened without other peoples perspectives?

and i've met some lovely people.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:
    by pay money kermit, do you mean taxes?

cause i do that too :)
    Hahahaha! I don't! ;)
  • Options
    Well thesite has helped me immensly...especially the drugs board, lots of cool sensible down to earth people there...politics board has also heled me shape my opinions on life.
  • Options
    Kermit may have been talking about our support us page - http://www.thesite.org.uk/about_us/support_us - which I may as well spammage across this thread since the subject came up.
  • Options
    Never know that existed jim.

Thesite has helped me tons, amoungst helping deal with my dads suicide ect, i met a lovely man to who i now have his child :D.