Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Birmingham Meet

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote:
    I'll come if you wanna pay me the money I would be getting paid after I get fired from not working enough over Christmas ;p.
    How much is that then? ;o
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mac Sami wrote:
    Just to let you know I'm still okay to make it :thumb:

The Weatherspoons on Broad Street = Lloyds Bar, right? Excuse my ignorance!
    Nope, figure of 8. Sorry if someones already answered this :D
  • Options
    Nope, figure of 8. Sorry if someones already answered this :D

Oh, thanks (not that I know where that is!). No, nobody had answered it.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    How much is that then? ;o
    £5.41 an hour, about 9 hours a week.

You work it out :p.
  • Options
    You got fired?
  • Options
    I'm not :sour:
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    £5.41 an hour, about 9 hours a week.

You work it out :p.
    Too much is the answer :p
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You got fired?
    I might be getting fired because I'm taking December 22nd - January 1st off work because I'm going to Kenya to spend Christmas with my dad (for the first time in years). I was told "if one of the Christmas temps is better than you, you might be competing for your job". Fun times.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I might be getting fired because I'm taking December 22nd - January 1st off work because I'm going to Kenya to spend Christmas with my dad (for the first time in years). I was told "if one of the Christmas temps is better than you, you might be competing for your job". Fun times.

Come anyway. Please? :(

Well, we're meeting at 1.30 then. I havent booked my tickets yet, as I've never been to birmingham and dont know which train station to book my tickets to (is it just the one station) and whereabouts in birmingham weatherspoons is and thus how long it will take me from the station, to the pub. ALSO, I haven't a clue what time I should book the return ticket, because if I dont like any of you ;) then Ill be headed straight back to station, or else Ill be staying till.. i dunno. Not keen on going clubbing if thats the plan. I dont know anything :(
  • Options
    I would if I could afford it, but I've just discovered that I've been put on really shit hours next week so I can only just afford Christmas.

Sorry sweetheart, but I'm ringing Janey when I'm finished work, so I'll talk to you then :yes:.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I would if I could afford it, but I've just discovered that I've been put on really shit hours next week so I can only just afford Christmas.

Sorry sweetheart, but I'm ringing Janey when I'm finished work, so I'll talk to you then :yes:.

We'll pay you to attend! You can clean up the glasses :p
  • Options

Well, we're meeting at 1.30 then. I havent booked my tickets yet, as I've never been to birmingham and dont know which train station to book my tickets to (is it just the one station) and whereabouts in birmingham weatherspoons is and thus how long it will take me from the station, to the pub. ALSO, I haven't a clue what time I should book the return ticket, because if I dont like any of you ;) then Ill be headed straight back to station, or else Ill be staying till.. i dunno. Not keen on going clubbing if thats the plan. I dont know anything :(
    It's New Street Station for you and my mate in Birmingham has told me the Wetherspoon's on Broad Street is about 15 mins walk.
  • Options
    Fuck that!

Sorry sweetheart, I'd love to, but I really can't afford to. I'm gonna quit my job soon as I find a new one anyway, but that'll be next year earliest.
  • Options
    erm can somebody tell me when the hell this meet is?

cause i cant be fricked with searching through 14 pages of something to find out
  • Options
    Sunday 4th December

Wetherspoons Broad Street

Time - 1.30?
  • Options
    i wonder how crap trains are back to durham on a sunday, theres always the humour of doing what i did in manchester at the meet, and just turn up without telling anyone, id love to come but not sure i could at all :(
  • Options
    To the OP: it might be sensible to edit the first post so when people open the thread the details of the yes's and the maybes are up there.

I kind of know JsT and Mystifymysoul so I could always try and speak to them, I guess. Its going to be entertaining trying to find my way around birmingham :D i dont think ive ever been there before in my life
  • Options
    rich - i'm gunna pm you some instructions, you poor lost soul :p
  • Options
    omg hi wrote:
    rich - i'm gunna pm you some instructions, you poor lost soul :p

why thankyew :)
  • Options
    does anyone want meeting at the station? i'll probably get the train in so if you want meeting i'll wait for you if you think you might get lost.
  • Options
    Come on everyone, you must come :(:(

I havent got a clue where this fucking pub is either, but Violette does apparantely :|
  • Options
    I really want to come and meet teh Franki (who had bettrer fucking come) and teh Janey.

And teh Taylor, who is very good at spotting good skirt in pubs.

I will see if I can get permission from The Management.
  • Options
    hi srry, i cant make it 2 the meet, have 2 work :(
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Come on everyone, you must come :(:(

I havent got a clue where this fucking pub is either, but Violette does apparantely :|

I sort of know where Broad Street is. Am I meeting you two gooners on the train? Does it go through Stockport, or just Manchester Piccadilly?
  • Options
    Put me as a maybe. Not sure whether or not I'm coming now.
  • Options
    I think Broad Street runs by New Street.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I think Broad Street runs by New Street.

Its a fair walk from new street station but it's easily done. When you come out of the station u walk down a ramp and Mac Donalds is on your right when you get to the bottom of the ramp you turn left and carry on walking up til u get to the big TV screen then u go thru the shops there where there is another mac donalds and you just carry on walking straight and you are on broad street. Go past the big wheel and The Figure of 8 is on your left.
  • Options
    Only issue for me is I'm going on holiday on the thurs, so will be the last weekend with my girlfriend. I could always just go home early though :)
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    I think the one there goes through Leeds babe :|

Ahh. You make me sick. ;) Meet me at the station then so I don't get lost on me taff!
  • Options
    I would go but A)It would cost me loads to get up and B) Would take ages too!