Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i will work for free!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone any idea where i can find volunteer work abroad this summer (medical/educational) in somewhere like Cuba, Vietnam, S Africa or anywhere developing thats NOT run by a profit-making organisation, isnt religious, and wont cost me a bomb???[*]null

Comments

• Options
    Try www.unaexchange.org You have to pay about £100 fee, plus arrange your own travel costs, but that's it. Very reasonable when compared to rip off places that try charging you about a grand to give your time up to help others! UNA do things all over the world. I was going to go to Italy with them, not sure now. Good luck :-)
  • Options
    I was a volunteer with the International Voluntary Service (IVS) in an orphanage in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, during August 2000. The camp, which lasted two weeks, was extremely enlightening, and optimised the orphans' free summertime. There were 14 volunteers, of differing nationalities, whose job it was to go places with the orphans, to play with them and to redecorate the orphanage.

IVS operate a number of camps throughout the world, including in the countries you stated. Being a volunteer isn't necessarily cheap – you have to pay for the membership, the airfare and to contribute towards living expenses. That said, it is the perfect way to help less fortunate people, meet people of various nationalities, to experience multiculturalism, and to have a good time.