Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bush to Blair: First Iraq, Then Saudi

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
George Bush told the Prime Minister two months before the invasion of Iraq that Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran and North Korea may also be dealt with over weapons of mass destruction, a top secret Downing Street memo shows.

The US President told Tony Blair, in a secret telephone conversation in January 2003 that he "wanted to go beyond Iraq".

He implied that the military action against Saddam Hussein was only a first step in the battle against WMD proliferation in a series of countries.

Mr Bush said he "wanted to go beyond Iraq in dealing with WMD proliferation", says the letter on Downing Street paper, marked secret and personal...

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/101705Z.shtml

Comments

• Options
    Is this news?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Is this news?

Considering the short attention span in contemporary society, it may do well to remind people of the Anglo-American ‘relationship’ and the position the UK is getting screwed from!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    butiwannainvadeiran!!

Seriously, Iran would be a better idea.
  • Options
    The US President told Tony Blair, in a secret telephone conversation in January 2003 that he "wanted to go beyond Iraq".

So secret that you know what was said. Do you have their line tapped or something?
  • Options
    Another post from Tyler that plumbs the depths of stupidity.

At least he's consistent.

As MoK points out, if this conversation was so secret, how do the conspiracy nuts know what was said?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Another post from Tyler that plumbs the depths of stupidity.
    Once again the cancer claws at disposition, a sad little exoskeleton crying for pity and weeping for law!

Kermit wrote:
    As MoK points out, if this conversation was so secret, how do the conspiracy nuts know what was said?
    “Facts fixed around policy...” http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/
  • Options
    You're the sort of screaming hysterical weirdo that gives the left such a bad reputation.
  • Options
    Hahahha, another mad leftie.
  • Options
    Hahahha, another mad leftie.
    Hahaha... another mad righty. :P

I think Nukes where a bad idea from day one. Hence why we SHOULD have invaded NK instead of Iraq - but no, we invade IRaq and North Korea makes some. We could have prevented it. But I don't think the US wanted it prevented at all.

I don't protest at nationas otherwise gaining them - I'd trust Iran - But Kim is a bit loony. Other Nations need them or they know they'll be invaded - Why Iran wants some, then it can tell the US to fuck right off, and it will.Why do you think the US pressure on NK has backed off now? They don't want to piss Kim off.

In other news, China's Aircraft carrier is coming along now. It doesn't look like the rotten old wreck they bought off the Ukraine anymore!

We should decomission all Nukes - But do you honestly think either Russia, China, or the USA would do that? Neither one wants to lose it's power or dominance that it has. Nor would the smaller mad nations in possesion - That Zionist bastard Sharron never would either.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    You're the sort of screaming hysterical weirdo that gives the left such a bad reputation.

Hey brum scum, isn’t Birmingham the city in England where most people who were born there are a product of parents who were very closely related before they had children?

I remember I once had the misfortune to use a post office there, and the place was full of people who all looked far too similar. :yuck:
  • Options
    Hey brum scum, isn’t Birmingham the city in England where most people who were born there are a product of parents who were very closely related before they had children?

I remember I once had the misfortune to use a post office there, and the place was full of people who all looked far too similar. :yuck:

Ban kplzthx.
  • Options

Aha. I can see where your politics is coming from.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Aha. I can see where your politics is coming from.

Really, I would ask you to elucidate, however, your reputation for insults is well scripted and I have more valid concept to explore.
  • Options
    ...and I have more valid concept to explore.

Sorry, come again?
  • Options
    Really, I would ask you to elucidate, however, your reputation for insults is well scripted and I have more valid concept to explore.

You're not as bright as you think you are. Attempting to use flowery language just makes it all the more obvious. :D
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    You're not as bright as you think you are. Attempting to use flowery language just makes it all the more obvious. :D

Oooer the symptomatic eloquence of jealous indictment!
    brumscum bum bum bum bum tosser! :lol:
  • Options
    How odd. :confused:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    How odd. :confused:

Marvellous :yippe: