Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Darkus and Joan Ding Dong on 'Mid Week'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this might not be the topic for P&D but did anyone else hear 'Midweek' on Radio 4 just now? Joan Rivers apparently took great exception to being called a racist, or so she thought, by Darcus Howe. I came downstairs thinking there was a play on, such were the theatrics. I'm not sure if it will be repeated in it's present from in the evening, or available on 'Listen Again' for a while...

Yeesh, you don't need this kind of thing at half past nine... :eek:

Edited because I spelt Darcus' name wrong...

Comments

• Options
    I caught the last little bit of their arguement before they cut to a discussion about a plant book, Radio 4 is excellent.
  • Options
    I've got Listen Again on now, so here's hoping. If I had to guess, I'd say Howe made a comment about New Orleans which Rivers took personal exception to, and she then unloaded with a mini-rant about his personal life. I'll soon know, if it isn't micro-edited...

Oh, it's kicking off now...
  • Options
    Turns out that wasn't the kick-off point, although it set the scene. Joan mentioned Howe having two 'mixed race children' and Howe said no, he had 'two children'.

A few minutes later, he made an aside, "since 'black' offends Joan..." (which I actually thought was pretty pointless), and then she hit the roof, accusing him of calling her a racist. "Don't you dare..!", etc.

Grumpy black activist meets highly strung chat show diva/comedienne. It was never going to work out...
  • Options
  • Options
    Its still all there on the listen again by the sound of it.
  • Options
    Darcus Howe is a dick, every time I have seen him he has come across as a pompous, easily offended and preentious moron.........
  • Options
    There seem to be two ways to get 'Listen Again' and this is the best one (you get all the other programmes on the right hand side).

Midweek

The bust-up grande is 22 minutes in.
  • Options
    It's going to be on PM, now, apparently :D
  • Options
    I believe the phrase is 'pnwed'. :lol: