Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ketamine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, i finally tried it. Tis pretty interesting stuff, dirty tho, can imagine a bunch of people in some run down house monging out on it. I was wondering if anyone knows how long it lasts? (in powder form) like does it deteriorate over time, if so, how long would it take?

Comments

• Options
    ooo i tried ket too for the first time last night, thought it was alright i did really little doses tho coz obvyly i didnt know how it would affect me and only had a couple drinks. enjoyed tho, strange feelin! not sure about the deterioration jus thought id share the first experience :D
  • Options
    It is relatively stable, keep dry and cool and it should last quite well, but not as well as MDMA.

Some people swear that it is better 'fresh' cooked down from liquid but I cant think of any chemical reason for this.

And dont drink with it, ketamine isn't a CNS depressant by itself but it does enhance the CNS depressant effects of other drugs if mixed. That and you are far more likely to throw up, something you do not want to do on ket.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    You probably know this already but I just thought I would point out that alcohol and ketamine really don't get along. Ket can make you feel really nauseous at certain doses, and in combination with alcohol can cause you to pass out. I don't know about you but throwing up whilst passed out doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. Its where taking K can get really dangerous.
  • Options
    i made the mistake of doing a line after i had a few beers, wasnt very pleasnt
  • Options
    yeh, i had 3 double vodka red bulls, followed by 2 pints of water a couple lines of ket, more water, more ket, more water, some coke, more water, more coke, more water. I felt fine, even pretty much felt ok the next day. i dont think id mix like that in the future tho.
  • Options
    Im interested in trying Ket...
    Only thing... I was reading the dosage levels on Erowid... they say 30 - 75 mg is a "Common" dose... Would it not be very difficalt to judge that out of a gram with out scales...
    How much did you people do? Just 1 line? Big, small?
  • Options
    start with quite small ones then u work ur way up. The high starts of a bit crap really, u just feel dazed and confused, then it gets interesting wen u do a bit mroe.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Im interested in trying Ket...
    Only thing... I was reading the dosage levels on Erowid... they say 30 - 75 mg is a "Common" dose... Would it not be very difficalt to judge that out of a gram with out scales...
    How much did you people do? Just 1 line? Big, small?

They are of course assuming you have access to pure material too, which is often not the case.

Ketamine can be over powering, so start small, with pure you really dont need much to start feeling the effect, a line considerably smaller than one of cocaine will be noticable.
  • Options
    It's true that when alachol increases the effect of coke too right? I know it feels like it. The first time I tried coke was in a bar with a few mates and I was totally pissed, I had a lot an woke up in my mates sisters house on the floor infront of the fire with no memory of what else happened that night.

No, not really, cocaine and alcohol bond in the body producing something else which is more damaging and more addictive, its a popular but dangerous mix.

The problem is when you do cocaine it masks how drunk you are, when the coke wears off, which it will do before you have sobered up, then all the alcohol hits you in one go.
  • Options
    ive done ket for years, recently noticed that ket pills are on the scene so watch what you are taking people! these pills look like regular ecstasy tablets but will affect you in 1 completely diff way, so if you are expecting to dance all nite in a club, u are in for a shock!
    Me mate was given one at creamfields and ended up in a 2 hour k hole fuckin mashed, not nice when u aint expecting it
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I havn't come across any ket pills for years. There were loads around towards the end of the 90's.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ketamine Virgin :)

Yeah, me and my friend were thinking about getting some for a bit of a go.

Done it in pills before, but theres so much shit in pills it wasn't very obvious.

I've always been really careful about trying new things, so we're gona set up a little comfy area in my flat, set out some chill out CDs for easy access etc. Any other preperation things we could do before hand? Better safe than sorry :-D

Also, due to hullucinagenic qualities, would it be a good idea to have a sober there or is the hullucination quite mild? I seem to remember everyone wearing glasses last time...!

And finally... is fifteen quid too much for a gram? I thought it sounded about right, and my flatmate seems to agree.

Let me know your thoughts kids, Im all ears (eyes?)

Lizzy x
  • Options
    thas a good price, its not really a hallcucinagen, its hard to describe. its pretty insane. U just kind of come back to reality after this insane thing then u sit up and realise ur still out of it. musics pretty good, its def not a partay drug tho.
  • Options
    Prices per gram are always difficult to compare because we dont know how pure the stuff you are buying is, £15 is about the norm though.

It isnt strictly a hallucinogen as such, but it can and will make you see things, it depends whether or not you go in for the full k-hole, probably not a good idea on your first time. Just try small bumps and get a feel for the drug before snorting a lot.

And on your first time do not mix it with any other drug, especially cannabis because it tends to make you more confused.
  • Options
    Whats it like to snort?

As easy as coke or does it burn like mdma?
  • Options
    It depends I think, some people really hate the drip, others dont mind it. Personally I've never found the 'burn' that bad on anything apart from meth, but I think I'm unique in that. Hopefully thats not a bad sign for my nose, its been years since I've snorted anything so maybe its recovered.
  • Options
    I havent used K a lot but have quite enjoyed the sensation of being outside of my body .... it's a good way to check my own bum out ;)
  • Options
    More info on Ketamine here :wave:
  • Options
    fresh from liquid to powder is definitely best
    k is used mainly to bump up the mdma (e) to make it come quicker or to try and reclaim a little of the e feeling and sleep is easier after it too (its a downer ... so you'd expect it)
    k-hole is an interesting experience, like the fabric of life stripped away in a encompassing whirl (though this could vary).
    Time is affected, decrease and increase in the speed of it - sometimes things will be very slow motion as if it were being stop framed.
    Out of body type experience is common , observing yourself before reaching in and reattaching yourself before disattaching oneself again.
    Very difficult to move properly on k.
    k on its own is poor..... the effects are generally unsteadiness head stuffiness.... its an anaesthetic so its what you'd expect really i suppose.
    k experience goes into its own with mdma and 2cb will increase likelihood of k-hole..
    your hearing gets impaired the day after and you can feel a little 'numb and dull' hence not good side effects.
    k is supposedly very safe... not quite sure about this..heh
    k will strip the water from you and make you very thin!!

i'd suggest staying away really though...
  • Options
    steejans wrote:
    sleep is easier after it too (its a downer ... so you'd expect it)

k is supposedly very safe... not quite sure about this..heh

k will strip the water from you and make you very thin!!

No, its not a downer. It will increase the depressive effects of other downers such as alcohol or benzo's, which is why you should never mix them. But it does not depress the CNS, which is why its a good anesthetic. In fact as the drug wears off there is a slight increase in heart rate and breathing.

It is quite safe in terms of topping yourself, but it can cause kidney damage I believe and it is dangerous when mixed with some other drugs.

And no, it will not stip water from you at all, where did you hear that?
  • Options
    Steejans, I would check the accuracy of some of your sources if I were you. You could have a look at theSite ketamine factsheet for a start, and Erowid has a very comprehensive Ketamine Vault as well.
  • Options
    blade_fury wrote:
    More info on Ketamine here :wave:

Thanks blade_fury, although I would suggest that it is a discussion rather than information.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    You could have a look at theSite ketamine factsheet

One minor thing on there, ketamine isnt 'like' the drug vets use, it is the same.
  • Options
    You are right, I have passed your comment on to the powers that be.

ED: Sorted!
  • Options
    "No, its not a downer. It will increase the depressive effects of other downers such as alcohol or benzo's, which is why you should never mix them. But it does not depress the CNS, which is why its a good anesthetic. In fact as the drug wears off there is a slight increase in heart rate and breathing."

Ah I see I see, my terminology is bad please forgive me, I think I used 'downer' inappropriately.

"Steejans, I would check the accuracy of some of your sources if I were you"
    "And no, it will not stip water from you at all, where did you hear that?"

Sorry guys I'm only going on 'my best friend' and my friends experiences, maybe its just the way that they take it, they can be reduced to muscle and skin. A couple days of drinking fluids well seems to reverse the effects.

"Whats it like to snort?"
    if its pure then its smooth if its mixed it could vary but never as bad as mdma or 2CB
  • Options
    Don't you think relying on mates for drug info isn't always the best thing to do?
  • Options
    sorry 'blagsta' please read between the lines
    im trying to be discreet and not incriminating a certain someone hehe
  • Options
    :confused:
  • Options
    steejans wrote:
    Sorry guys I'm only going on 'my best friend' and my friends experiences, maybe its just the way that they take it, they can be reduced to muscle and skin. A couple days of drinking fluids well seems to reverse the effects.

That will have everything to do with the diet and lifestyle of heavy ket users and very little to do with the drug.
  • Options
    Over the duration of about 4 hours?On one line?With fluid intake at regular intervals?I'm not saying it was definitely the exact cause but blimey.... there arent any other factors I could see heh.