Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bubbling Sound In Ear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, basically I wasn't well all last week with swollen glands so my throat was in pure agony. So bad I had to take painkillers to help me sleep at night. Was feeling sick and had a really sore tummy.

Most have past now thankfully, but the last couple of days I have been getting, what I can only describe, a bubbling sound in my left ear. It would last just about 10-20 seconds, then stop and would start again later. Both ears are still sore.

Have yas any ideas what this could be? And whether it's anything I should be worrying about?

Cheers in advanced Guys.

Comments

• Options
    I've had this before when I've had really bad colds. There is a tube connecting the back of the throat to the ears, so I've always assumed it was something to do with this. Also possibly an ear infection?
  • Options
    If it is an ear infection, do ya know if it will go away on its own? Or will I need to see the Docs to get antibiotics?
  • Options
    Probably related to your cold but if you are worried go to your docs.
  • Options
    If it is an ear infection, do ya know if it will go away on its own? Or will I need to see the Docs to get antibiotics?

The ear infections I've had went away on their own. Other people I know have have had antibiotics. It's up to you. See a doctor if you're worried :)
  • Options
    Awk well I'm not too worries. It's just annoying. And don't have time to go to the docs. So hoping it'll just go away on its own.
  • Options
    It's probably not an ear infection anyway, it probably is the effects of a cold or something. Hope you feel better soon anyway :)
  • Options
    Yup, this is to do with the tube that equalizes the pressure in your ears. I had an ear infection when I was young and the tube shrivelled up in my right ear. When-ever I sleep on my left side, I get a bloody annoying dripping sound in my ear, its like tinnitus. Docs say I have to just live with it, but it really sucks, and I always get huge amount of ear wax in my right ear :S yuk.

Just prey it's only temporary.