Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Holistic Therapies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have any of you tried any of them and what for... and do you think it worked?

Was just wondering cos I'm studying reflexology at the moment (doing my homework and got a bit bored :D )

I had accupuncture a few months ago... I only had one session which isn't really enough to know if it's worked or not I know, but I didn't like it cos it was quite invasive and hurt a bit even though it's not suposed to :rolleyes: so desided not to go again cos I'm a chicken :blush: Had a nice massage at the end though, and my depression started to lift around that time as well :chin:

If you havn't tired any holistic threatments, would you in the furture? And if not, why not? And which would you try if you went for it?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well my best mate has just finished a holistic therapies course so i recieved reflexology off her, felt a bit better for it but had only the one session so i can't really pass opinion on it.

I had regular acupuncture sessions, found tehy helped my problem wrists immensely and yes they were slightly painful/uncomfortable but they were so much better for it.

I've had a few aromatherapy massages which were really nice, my dad has them fortnightly and swears by them, he's had DVT in his leg and so the massage helps him.

I regularily get my sister to give me arm massages or i do it myself, i also use aromatherapy oils- lavender to sleep, and also with rosemary to help my tendons heal/stop hurting either as a massage oil or in a bandage; and then peppermint to stop me feeling sick and with teatree oil as an antiseptic to try and help my throat.