Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stupid mistake

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i didnt know whether to post here or in the health forum.

I had sex for the first time this morning but we didnt use contraception, just got carried away i know its stupid. The thing is he was only inside me for like 5 minutes cause i told him to withdraw before he came, there is still a risk of pregnancy i know and thts wy im worried.

Im due on my period so if i come on does tht mean im not pregnant? my freind said tht i would still come on this time with me being due and i wouldnt notice till next period if i was pregnant but im not sure.
im considering taking the MAP but im worried because iv heard it makes u sick and ill and i have college all day and alot of travelling to do. Any1 know if this is true?? :yuck:

I know iv been stupid and this is completely out of character for me so i appreciate no lectures about contraception, iv learnt from my mistake.

Thankyou

Comments

• Options
    well put it this way, what would you prefer, a day of being ill or several weeks of being ill with morning sickness and being pregnant?
    It doesn't make everyone ill but it'll be a small price to pay. If you don't come on take a pregnancy test.
  • Options
    If you are put off taking emergency contraception because you're worried about being sick, I dread to think how you would cope with the physical and emotional burden of an unplanned pregnancy. Not everyone is sick with emergency contraception, and a little nausea is a small price to pay.

Pregnancy is one of the far nicer things you can catch. It will be a good idea to go to your nearest GUM or family planning clinic for an STI check up and an in depth discussion about your contraception options.
  • Options
    take the pill.

Oh, and make sure you are safer next time.
  • Options
    take the pill

The pill isn't a one sized fits all method, and isn't suitable for everyone if they have a family history of thrombosis etc. some people can have quite bad side effects with hormones, not to mention the whole kit and kaboodle of not protecting against STIs.
  • Options
    I've taken the MAP with no noticeable side effects.
    Hell of a lot better than pregnancy!!
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    The pill isn't a one sized fits all method, and isn't suitable for everyone if they have a family history of thrombosis etc. some people can have quite bad side effects with hormones, not to mention the whole kit and kaboodle of not protecting against STIs.

morning after pill i was meaning.
  • Options
    Well, I've just been through all that, Morning after pill within the next 24 hours! you are close to the end of your menstrual cycle for the month..so there shouldn't be too much risk..better to be safe than sorry!
  • Options
    Hmm pregnancy and sti's or the MAP and GUM? Such a hard choice!

Well hopefully you have learned from the mistake, its not hard to chuck on a condom and if he refuses then tell him to F off. I just hope for your sake that ur not pregnant and you aint got no horrible diseases.
  • Options
    Another off toipc question, what is GUM? I can only assume that its your gyno, but what does it stand for?
  • Options
    Genito-urinary medicine
  • Options
    Oh so can men go there too?
  • Options
    Yep. I go to a hospital in Paddington, and there are male and female patients seen by the teams.
  • Options
    i live 2 mins awayfrom paddigton hospital i live in edgeware road !! ^^ what about you im guessing marylebone
  • Options
    take the morning after pill, no use in taking a pregnancy test 'cause then it might be too late. you need to take it within 3 days of having the unprotected sex..go to your GP. good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice, i have been to the docors and taken the morning after pill and i feel ok as of yet.
    I will definetly be more careful in future thats for sure.
  • Options
    For those who aren't sure what a GUM clinic is:

Visiting a GUM clinic
  • Options
    Just wanna say - becky i did exactly the same thing this morning! we werent going to do anything but kinda got carried away. I went straight to the pharmacy this morning and took the pill. Not something i'm going to do again. good luck girl, we all make mistakes...is how we learn! emotions make us forget things sometimes!
  • Options
    Thanks lizzie amy its good to hear that i am not the only one. I guess we have both learnt our lesson.