Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drinking water

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have been drinking alot of water lately . I dont know how much roughtly but i know its alot and i drank 1 full bottle of evian and then another one a few hours after . I mean i just wanna know if u can drink as much water as u can i mean nuttin bad happens if u drink to much ?

Comments

• Options
    How big were the Evian bottles: 500ml, 1L, 2L?

You can drink a lot before you do any harm. You'd just end up going to the loo a lot. You should be drinking at least 2 litres a day. Good for the kidneys, good for the bowels.
  • Options
    Save yourself the embaressment of your questions and search.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=81581&highlight=water
  • Options
    kentish it was a 2l bottle lol .

yeh i was pissing alot
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Save yourself the embaressment of your questions and search.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=81581&highlight=water
    :lol:

Good to see my advice is consistent. :D
  • Options
    Heh. You do know your water dude. ;)
  • Options
    Tom Da Don wrote:
    kentish it was a 2l bottle lol .

yeh i was pissing alot

You will obviously go to the toilet alot as I found out this mornng, after being told by my dad that the reason why I had sort kidneys was because I don't drink enough. So anyway, within just under 2 hours I'd already had a cup of coffee & 500ml of water and went to the toilet at leas 6 times today...
  • Options
    lol cool
  • Options
    IT IS possible to over do it. About 8 tall glasses a day is enough. If you are not big on water like me. One of these glasses can be fruit juice (though you shouldn't over do that either - migraine inducing plus too much orange juice just means acidic stuff floating around in yoru stomach) acid/alkaline balance or sth like that. Though cranberry juice is great as kidney cleanser. Pomegranite juice also great (now avaialble in boots)

Herbal tea can be one of your drinks and don't forget watery vegetables celery, carrots different green beans (mage tout), spinach, green salads, spinach, broccoli all give you water.

Another thing I read in this women's magazine (so it must be true) about this woman who became 'obsessed' by drinking water. Like she was drinking four litres a day. I would say this is TOO MUCH. wHY OVERDO IT. Remember everything in moderation, even water. If you overhydrate it can produce some condition, but can't remember for the life of me what it's called. all this water drinking - remember it's not a competition, as long as you avoid too much coke and caffeine you should be fine.

Green tea is also very good for you, especially Chinese green tea. There are other varieties too.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Drinking to much water can be fatal if taken to the extreme.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    yes its possibkle to kill yourself like this. many E fatalities have actualyl been from drinking too much water. I think 22 litres is the limit before you're brain swells and you die.
  • Options
    mazza wrote:
    If you overhydrate it can produce some condition, but can't remember for the life of me what it's called.

hyponatremia? basically over hydration, the salt and electrolite levels in your body become out of balance and your body systems start to fail. or something like that anyway
  • Options
    The effects of E + too much water can be dangerous indeed.

But it would be extremely hard to dilute yourself through normal drinking. 4 litres a day is not a problem, unless you are thirsty all the time. Depends how many pennies you want to spend a day.
  • Options
    Thanks Mel-H I knew it was called sth. Yes kentish,I din't know but I can only speak personally that 4 litres of water in one day would make me feel sick!! I don't really like the stuff and the ones like Pellegrino that I do like are probably too high in sodium to be the 'healthiest mineral waters.' Pellegrino is getting a lot of flcak on tehe market for it's overly salty mineral taste. Surely all that water would wash out natural salts in the body. The body does need some salt. Apparently you lose 6 grams of salt from the body with every hour of exercise you do. So loads of water and excessive exercise would be quite detrimental to health if you made a habit of it. Like 6 litres of water for 2 hrs in the gym. Who knows?

But one things for sure, if you're physically thirsty all the time and it's not sth psychological along with other symptoms, you may well have diabetes, which I think may have been what you were getting at Kentish.
  • Options
    mazza wrote:
    So loads of water and excessive exercise would be quite detrimental to health if you made a habit of it. Like 6 litres of water for 2 hrs in the gym. Who knows?
    Yeah - hence they invented things like Lucozade Isotonic drinks, with the right amounts of salts to replace the losses.

I was always told that excess water is likely to trigger vomiting before it causes genuine problems because the stomach is distended so much.

Excessive thirst is one symptom of diabetes.