Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

should mp's be getting up to this

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
from the UCLU conservative society
1. Westminster Pub Golf – Tuesday 11th October, Westminster tube station @ 7.15pm
Want to play a spot of pub golf around Westminster? No golf sticks needed! Confused? Essentially it is just a pub crawl, but all will be explained on the night. We have invited a few MPs to come and greet us at our first pub (the St Stephens Tavern). Charles Hendry MP (Shadow Minister for Trade and Industry), Hugh Robertson MP (Shadow Minister for Sport), Damian Green MP and Nicholas Soames MP have all expressed an interest; although we cannot guarantee that they will be able to make it.
To spice things up a little we have also invited Imperial Conservatives to come along and join in. The person with the lowest score card (again it will all be explained on the night) gets a FREE Kebab!

they must be broke these mps :p - beats s+m clubs, 'strolls' along clapham common etc

Comments

• Options
    What's wrong with that?

We all know our MPs could drink Oliver Reed (before he died, obviously) under a table.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    What's wrong with that?

We all know our MPs could drink Oliver Reed (before he died, obviously) under a table.
    He died drinking with some British sailors, so I guess you could say the Royal Navy can drink Oliver Reed under the table. :sour:
  • Options
    Yeah I seriously fail to see what the problem with this is.
  • Options
    when you consider that most of the admiralty and around half the mebers of the cabinet in the late nineteenth early twentieth century were ...alcoholic opium addicts then same as it ever was i pressume.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yeah I seriously fail to see what the problem with this is.

Yeah. If an average joe can, why can't an MP?