Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

USA vs. Syria

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Obviously you wouldnt want to bomb Washington.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I wonder what would your reaction be if someone advocating bombing Washington DC to get rid of what is arguably the most dangerous and aggresive nuclear regime on earth...
    In your opinion. I'd put North Korea & Iran as my top targets for some preventive nuking.
  • Options
    True Blue wrote:
    In your opinion. I'd put North Korea & Iran as my top targets for some preventive nuking.
    Oh ffs - christ and you wonder why sometimes the right gets a bad name.
  • Options
    Well whatever Bush does, I hope Blair doesn't follow, I'm sick of the hassle we're getting in the UK because we're sticking our nose where it doesn't belong.

Nuking a country, how ever appealing it sounds to the boys with their funky X Box war games solves nothing; Unless you think orphaning children, ruining hospitals and destroying economies is a good way forwards. Hey, at least if they're all starving to death and unable to get clean drinking water, they're no longer a threat, right?

I'm just waiting for the USA to pick a fight with China, seeing as China's economy is growing at an impressive rate and they're starting to grow with the oil business.
    I'd put North Korea & Iran as my top targets for some preventive nuking.
    Why?
  • Options
    Obviously you wouldnt want to bomb Washington.
    You wouldn't want to bomb Tehran either... unless you fancy Vietnam pt. III with yet more Al Qaida operatives taking control of another country (and its nuclear resources- how clever would that be Matadore).

Seeing as the US military is only good at destroying big targets and carpet-bombing entire cities to shit safely from the air, but utterly shit at controlling the area afterwards (as the utter disaster Iraq is has proven), an attack on Iran would only serve to kill several tens of thousands of innocent civilians & several more thousand US soldiers, and to ultimately hand over yet another country to Al Qaida.

How much must Mr. bin Laden love the neocons and their supporters. You're a god-sent gift to their cause!
  • Options
    True Blue wrote:
    The only thing that would ever merit nuking is the next Republican Party convention- if it were staged in a remote hotel in the Nevada desert.

Believe me, the world would instanly become a far safer and better place to live.
  • Options
    Whats the problem? I dont want some mad mullahs running around with nuclear weapons. Better to sort them out now with a few bunker busting bombs and some non consequential civilian casualties than wait until they have nukes.

I do worry about you sometimes. Haven't you got the brain capacity to work out the shit that will cause? Just look at what we've done to Afghanistan and Iraq.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I do worry about you sometimes. Haven't you got the brain capacity to work out the shit that will cause? Just look at what we've done to Afghanistan and Iraq.
    Only because they've pussy-footed around there instead of coming in heavy with a short & sharp lesson for all to see and learn by.
  • Options
    They already did... and it has done fuck all good.

All the B52s and the tomahawks and the 2,000lb laser guided bombs in the world won't make any difference (other than to kill another 100,000 innocent civilians of course).

Face it... the American military machine is only good at destroying things from the air. Nothing more.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    They already did... and it has done fuck all good.
    All the B52s and the tomahawks and the 2,000lb laser guided bombs in the world won't make any difference (other than to kill another 100,000 innocent civilians of course).
    Thats just pussy-footing around, I mean a tactical nuclear strike to show them you mean business. One or possibly two would be enough to demonstrate that they won't tolerate being messed with. Soon the whole of the Middle East would wake up to the new reality and be compliant.
  • Options
    :lol:

Your attempts at trolling are funny.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    :lol:
    Your attempts at trolling are funny.
    Not meant to be. I'm serious.
  • Options
    True Blue wrote:
    Not meant to be. I'm serious.

That's a worry... How's Labour Party Central Office nowdays by the way? Surely you ought to know you don't need to troll until nearer the election.
  • Options
    In that case you surely can't object to Al Qaida trying to procure themselves with nukes and detonating them in Washington, right?

Seeing as the US continues to apply its biased and unfair influence in the Middle East and to attack and discriminate against the Arab world, it looks like Al Qaida and others have also been pussyfooting around, and that only a nuclear holocaust would send the message to stop interfering with, invading and bombing Arab nations, correct?
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    That's a worry... How's Labour Party Central Office nowdays by the way? Surely you ought to know you don't need to troll until nearer the election.
    :confused::confused:
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    LOL... quite true. It's just too good to believe isn't it?
  • Options
    Haven't you got the brain capacity to work out the shit that will cause?

Why would we need to bomb a city? Im sure the Iranian government doesnt develop its nukes in the middle of Tehran.

A surgical strike is all thats required - admittedly it would be tough to locate the development site - Iran is a big ass country.

Do you know how much the Middle East and South Asia would be disrupted if a revolutionary Muslim regime got hold of nuclear bombs and the means to deliver them? Doesnt bear thinking about.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Why would we need to bomb a city? Im sure the Iranian government doesnt develop its nukes in the middle of Tehran.

But the US Military would still bomb schools, hospitals, and like Civilian targets. Probably rightly so - the strongest weapon of war is Terror.
    A surgical strike is all thats required - admittedly it would be tough to locate the development site - Iran is a big ass country.

This would make sense. Send in the SAS, destroy the development plant. We have spy satellites - a few recce missions to find which of the likley points is the actual site - then strike.
    Do you know how much the Middle East and South Asia would be disrupted if a revolutionary Muslim regime got hold of nuclear bombs and the means to deliver them? Doesnt bear thinking about.

Probably not at all. Israel would be crapping itself mind, make a change from them terrorising other people I suppose. Might be just what we need to stop that twat Sharron fucking about and bullying the other countries.

As for a Nuclear Problem - WHY THE FUCK is no one sorting out Kim Jong Il? Want to know? Because he HAS nukes, no one will invade him now. Same reason Iran wants them - to protect itself. I doubt it far more with Kim, I'd trust hte Iranians before I trust Kim - he's of his rocker, that one. If we should be doing anything, It should be NK. Their military is a joke, It'd be done in hardly any time.

Oh, and anyone see about Iran arming and training insurgents for Iraq? Heh, Iran warned the west it would do it if we tried to bully it into stopping it's Nuclear Program. Looks like one nation involved with Iraq has actually kept it's promises then.
  • Options
    Country A, B and C all get threatened by country Z for ''having nukes'' and being a threat to others.

Country A has no nukes whatsoever and poses no threat, but this makes no difference to country Z who still goes and bombs it to fuck.

Country B however has nukes, a much better army and is far more of a threat than country A. And funnily enough, country Z hasn't got the balls to do anything about it.

Country C has no nukes. What should it do to avert illegal bombing and invasion?

Who are we to deny a country the right to defend itself? Now, until recently countries could defend themselves without having to resort to nuclear weapons. But that is no longer the case. Guess who has changed all of that... Guess who have started this new nuclear arms race...
  • Options
    And all the while China quielty arms itself furthur, upgrading what she has to become a new superpower... whilst the US is busy annyoing the whole Muslim world.
  • Options

You really are quite insane if that is actually what you think. I suspect though you are merely attempting to be controversial.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    - the strongest weapon of war is Terror.

The strongest weapon of war is great big bombs.

Terror's about the 230th strongest weapon of war after the diseased cow/trebuchet combo or the exploding cigar.
  • Options
    True Blue wrote:
    Thats just pussy-footing around, I mean a tactical nuclear strike to show them you mean business. One or possibly two would be enough to demonstrate that they won't tolerate being messed with. Soon the whole of the Middle East would wake up to the new reality and be compliant.

Tactic Nuking, trigger off retaliation, and then global nuclear war? Hell, good idea!

Mad Max here we come! I get hte interceptor, bitches!
  • Options
    Who needs to worry about "mad mullahs" when we've got enough nuke happy lunatics right here in the West.

Genocidal maniacs the lot of you warmongers.
  • Options
    Tell me how it is genocidal to bomb a factory in the middle of the desert?
  • Options
    Tell me when has the US restrained itself to only bombing factories in the middle of nowhere.

The US seems unable to resist the temptation of loading a few B52s with dozens upon dozens of heavy bombs and carpet bombing entire areas- and everyone on the ground be damned. Shock and fucking awe anyone?

And then when it 'only' sends a few dozen Tomahawk missiles illegally into other nations, it gets it disastrously wrong, kills innocent people and destroys vital infrastructure, and to add insult to injury pays no compensation at all. Remember the 'WMD factory' in Sudan that turned out to be nothing more than a pharmaceutical plant? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The strongest weapon of war is great big bombs.

Terror's about the 230th strongest weapon of war after the diseased cow/trebuchet combo or the exploding cigar.

A scared, demoralised enemy is far easier to kill than an enemy with strong morale and fearless. Also, they will surrender in larger numbers - see the current Iraq qar and the use of "Shock and Awe" - Saddam's army fled or surrendered! Obviously, Terror is a good weapon - The German Stuka's in WW2 screaming down, the propaganda drops often used in wars... and of course, playing some sort of mad song into battle. :D Well, actually, that is a shit tactic.

But Terror is important - you want the enemy to be scared.
  • Options
    You want the enemy to be dead, actually.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    A scared, demoralised enemy is far easier to kill than an enemy with strong morale and fearless. Also, they will surrender in larger numbers - see the current Iraq qar and the use of "Shock and Awe" - Saddam's army fled or surrendered! Obviously, Terror is a good weapon - The German Stuka's in WW2 screaming down, the propaganda drops often used in wars... and of course, playing some sort of mad song into battle. :D Well, actually, that is a shit tactic.
    I thought the Blitz during WW2 actually stiffened British resolve. With regard to Iraq, I think it was a simple common-sense decision by the Iraqi troops who quickly decided that they weren't going to lay down their lives for the old mass-murderer just so that he could possibly fight another day. And how very sensible they were.
  • Options
    You want the enemy to be dead, actually.

Yes, but they are easier to make dead if they are shitting themselves in ultra-paranoid mode, then a clam, collect man.

Sensible to desert? Meh, debatable. Obviously the Terror worked - if they were not scared, they would have fought, obviously.