Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blair vs Blair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hear it`s tony vs the Mrs tonight on the BBC at 10:15 pm?

Should be interesting, can`t think of any world leader that`s ever had to go up against the wife on TV like this before!!

Comments

• Options
    boy, that won't be rehearsed at all then will it?.......sigh.
  • Options
    Isn't it a spoof? I haven't looked at any TV schedules but was reading earlier in the paper about Downing Street complaining to the BBC about some programme or other that had Tony and Cherie having a row over Iraq (played by actors).
  • Options
    Why would Blairs own Broadcasting Corporation make an insulting program about him and his wife? It's a Panorama documentary.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Isn't it a spoof? I haven't looked at any TV schedules but was reading earlier in the paper about Downing Street complaining to the BBC about some programme or other that had Tony and Cherie having a row over Iraq (played by actors).

You might be right looking at this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/4311768.stm
  • Options
    You obviously haven't been paying attention to the news Born Slippy. The government and the BBC are not exactly in bed with each other at the moment. It all went pear-shaped with the Hutton issue and it has gone downhill since (Humphrey being made to apologise for calling Labour ministers liars, Blair complaining to Murdoch that the BBC is rabidly anti-American and now the government complaining about the BBC impersonating Tony and Cherie, to name but three incidents).

I would agree with you that if Tony had it its way, auntie would really become the Blair Broadcasting Corporation. But it is nothing of the sort at the moment. In fact the two can't stand each other.