Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sleeping tablets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was just wondering what the likelihood of a dr giving out sleeping tablets kinda no questions asked? its just i know why i cant sleep, but i dont wanna talk about it. dont like talking!! nytol and herble things dont work!

Comments

• Options
    Whether its sleeping pills, narcotics or an antibiotic ointment for a cut, NO doctor is going to give you anything with out questions.
  • Options
    Probably zero likelihood. Why can't you sleep?
  • Options
    could you not even give them an outline of what's wrong, at least some basic details? or maybe write it down?
  • Options
    i just got loads of things going on, stress from uni, money issues, work. other stuff going on with family. its bringing up old stuff aswell, i dunno, im just not happy, feel myself falling down not being able to get up. startin drinkin all the time which i dont do. i just find it too hard talking to people.
  • Options
    I know this is bad advice, but if you really want some w/o going to the dr or talking to anybody, there are tons of different sleeping pills that you can buy OTC. Just make sure to not take them all the time as they are addictive and seriously think about talking to somebody. There seems to be much more going on that sleeping better wont take care of. Only use them for a couple nights.
  • Options
    Masking your problems with a sedative will not help and (hopefully) your GP will not give you them anyway.
  • Options
    But surely thats only to remove the problem of being unable to sleep, not for escapism?

He/She is unable to sleep because of stress, unless they are planning to use the sedatives for the rest of their lives they will have to deal with the stress at some point.