Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

You Need To Be Made An Example of ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It always worries me when I hear those words, makes me think perhaps someone is getting sentance not just for their crime but getting an extra harsh punishment just to deter others fromthe same act .. what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Those words just make me think of being caught smoking for the umteenth time at school. The punishment usually involved taking the housemaster's empty bottles to the bottle bank (not a euphamism).

Thus the words normally go in one ear and out the other.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Those words just make me think of being caught smoking for the umteenth time at school. The punishment usually involved taking the housemaster's empty bottles to the bottle bank (not a euphamism).

Thus the words normally go in one ear and out the other.

So true. And the Example usually is, that the system on place in inefficient and can't deal harshly with anyone.
  • Options
    I heard this once at work a long time ago when I was being "officially warned".

I asked straight after -"are you allowed to talk about this to anyone else?"

They said "No"

I said "I have no plans to tell anyone (about my warning)"

I paused for a moment....

"So", I said, "tell me again why I am getting this punishment."

I got a suspension instead. :D