Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the real china

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    I'd rather be dead than a political prisoner in China, their human rights records are horrific.

And why haven't the BC mentioned anything about Tibet?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Chinaaa!!!

Ahem, had to do that. China is an odd mix today, she has much left over from the communist ages, whilst accepting in Capitalism and getting, from a western view, a worryingly large hold of the world's production. I mean, we must also consider, stuff made in nearby countries: They would surley bend to China's will if she were to threaten them with invasion or suchlike? I mean, China HAS invaded Japanese oil fields via use of her navy.

China is getting powerful now, as the power of hte west becomes less. We sahould watch them, they are already considered powerful enough to be ignored by the UN and NATO for all their actions. Sigh... so corrupt is our world.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    a worryingly large hold of the world's production. I mean, we must also consider, stuff made in nearby countries: They would surley bend to China's will if she were to threaten them with invasion .
    economic threats ...resource threats ...are more than enough to bend the nearby nations and ...beyond.
  • Options
    Shame that the EU is itching to lift the arms embargo on China - despite China's disgusting human rights record and no progress in Occupied Tibet. Interesting how the US has a special Tibet envoy which ensures Tibet is mentioned in all US contacts with China, the EU has no such equivalent. Also interesting how whilst both the EU and US would gain massively massively in economic terms from lifting the arms embargo only the EU wants to lift it. I guess doing business with China and making lots of money is the EU's only priority.
  • Options
    China ALREADY buys American weapon technology off of Israel... why should the US lift the Emabgo if it is getting through anyway?

I think China has every right to buy weapons off of who she pleases. It'll make the EU economy stronger, and China isn't stupid enough to shit on people who she buys her technology off. I wonder what China will buy though - I think it'll be more likley selling alot of new stuff, she does wish to export her latest Rifle worldwide.

Or, alretativley, the same as happened to Russia - China buys a few, then copies it alot of times. :D
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    China ALREADY buys American weapon technology off of Israel... why should the US lift the Emabgo if it is getting through anyway?

You’re missing the point. America doesn’t really benefit greatly from that arrangement. If Israel didn’t get any military aid and the EDA programme didn’t exist then I’d agree. But I don’t think America benefits greatly from Israel selling American weapons to China when the weapons were bought mainly with American money in the first place.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I think China has every right to buy weapons off of who she pleases. It'll make the EU economy stronger, and China isn't stupid enough to shit on people who she buys her technology off.

China has a right to buy weapons off who she pleases because...
    It'll make the EU economy stronger?

The strength of the EU economy, or rather of individual EU states as it's pointless to discuss the EU collectively when there's such disparity between the economies of different member states is not the most important factor in this.
  • Options
    You’re missing the point. America doesn’t really benefit greatly from that arrangement. If Israel didn’t get any military aid and the EDA programme didn’t exist then I’d agree. But I don’t think America benefits greatly from Israel selling American weapons to China when the weapons were bought mainly with American money in the first place.

Well, of course not. But if America sold it directly, she'd benefit. So, it's make more sense when it happens anyway.
    The strength of the EU economy, or rather of individual EU states as it's pointless to discuss the EU collectively when there's such disparity between the economies of different member states is not the most important factor in this.

Ok, true. But if they can sell their stuff to China, individual states will benefit. Some of the poorer ones have no stuf to sell. But the EU member states DO help each other out. More money, more help can be given, surley?
  • Options
    Hmm. China. Tough one.

They are developing at a rather alarming rate but I wouldn't worry too much. Despite their currency being the most undervalued in the world (thus most prone to become valuable when it catches up with the economy) according to the economic theory known as 'Burger-nomics (seriously), it will not become the next superpower. This is down to one principal factor.

Granted, they have shit-loads of labour and cheap labour at that, but as far as natural resources go, what I would consider the main requirement for a wannabe-superpower, they've got next to nothing. No nation has ever become a superpower without them and China will not buck that trend.

My bet for the next superpower? Russia by a country mile.
  • Options
    But China is taking Natural Resources for herself. She HAS stolen some Japnese Oil fields, and is taking a load of interest in Africa for resources. She wants to be great... she has the manpower to take land easily.

Russia is becoming VERY rich VERY fast. And it won't be long before someone wants to Corrupt government of Putin out... and some strong leader in, who will bring back Glory to Russia. People are becoming more and more discontent with the weakness of Russia and the Corruption, and the poverty the state is now making taking away to state benefits for pensioners, war veterans and the like.

Hence the growth of hte likes of the NBP.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Russia is becoming VERY rich VERY fast. And it won't be long before someone wants to Corrupt government of Putin out... and some strong leader in, who will bring back Glory to Russia. People are becoming more and more discontent with the weakness of Russia and the Corruption, and the poverty the state is now making taking away to state benefits for pensioners, war veterans and the like.

Very true indeed. I guess my sig says it all - I'm studying Russian at uni so I can jump on that bandwagon and grab me a piece of that potato pie.

There is a shit load of money to be made in Russia. I see that Abramovich has just doubled his fortune by selling some shares of his. That's where I'm headed. I hope.
  • Options
    Watch it mate - You may get Mafia'd/Government'd.

Abramovich just has his oil compnay forecfully bought by the state - they offered him the UKOS deal - sell it to us at Half Market price or go to jail - He's rich anyway, so sold it to them.

I have a learn to Speak russian thingy - I want to visit there. Just the Mafia thing is a bit dodgey, though I would deffo buy soem Mad Russian vehicle to bring home, and load it with loads of stuff. Stuff is cheap out there - just remember to pay your dues to the correct folks.
  • Options
    Shame that the EU is itching to lift the arms embargo on China - despite China's disgusting human rights record and no progress in Occupied Tibet. Interesting how the US has a special Tibet envoy which ensures Tibet is mentioned in all US contacts with China, the EU has no such equivalent. Also interesting how whilst both the EU and US would gain massively massively in economic terms from lifting the arms embargo only the EU wants to lift it. I guess doing business with China and making lots of money is the EU's only priority.
    Perhaps...

But if Tibet were completely autonomous from China then perhaps the US could make a move on the oil that's apparently there.
  • Options
    Sorry... This link backs up my statement about oil in Tibet. It would be more accessable to the USA if Tibet weren't the (so called) property of China.