Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Laced weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I read in my local newspaper the other day that "punk/skunk" weed is now being laced with heroin and/or crack cocaine.

Now, I dont know if this is just hype, and im not a regular smoker of weed; ill have a couple pulls with my mates now and again, but I am just concerned that I may be smoking this stuff as my mates usually buys punk/skunk weed.

My question is this: If the weed is being laced, how would you know? Would there be a difference in smell, and if so, what kind of smell should I look out for? I have never taken any other drug, so I have a little idea what heroin and crack cocaine would look like, 1. On their own, and 2. laced with weed. What effects would I experience?

Any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    No, its never laced.

Crack and heroin are way too expensive to waste, and they would so drasticly alter the high you would notice really obviously.

I have heard reports of weed being cut with Salvia to enhance the effect, but I am somewhat dubious about this.
  • Options
    its definitely bullshit
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If i had had a quid for every person that said they'd had weed dipped in acid or sprinkled with coke... :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I agree this rumour has been around for ages and like someone said its too expensive to waste, however some people like to sprinkle a little coke with their weed, but this is something they do themselves, ive never brought it like that.
  • Options
    Yes people do sprinkle on it themselves, but they either have too much coke or too little sense, cocaine doesnt smoke.
  • Options
    I've only heard of it happening when a few old crusties have laced some personal and then encouraged people they didn’t like to try it.

It can happen with Resin a "re-press" which is why you can get bits of plastic in there, but it’s not cut with cocaine or anything nice like that it would just be any kind of pharmaceutical pills they can get which would normally be cheep.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I have heard reports of weed being cut with Salvia to enhance the effect, but I am somewhat dubious about this.

Surely this would be a silly idea...

Salvia smoked in a joint would have no effect what so ever...

Even smoked in a bong, if a wind proof lighter wasnt used... then there would be little to no effect.

I like Salvia though, can be mind blowing... and has to be done in thr right conditions!
  • Options
    Leaf would work fine in a spliff, or you could buy the pure Salvia powder and spike a whole lot of weed.
  • Options
    Oh right...

I have only tried the Extract...and I know a lot of people have problems getting that to work.
    I found it worked fine in a small pipe with a wind proof lighter...

Very harsh to smoke though.

I was sitting on my bed, I managed to do about 3 bit hits of the 20x extract...

Next thing I know, I thought my covers were trying to swollow me up lol
    I had almost no control over myself, it was very very intence, but I did enjoy it...
    Not something I would mess with often though!
  • Options
    Lots of people find the 'extract' difficult to work because a lot of the time its bunk.

There is no need to use anything but leaf, its just as strong.
  • Options
    bongbudda, why doesnt coke smoke?
  • Options
    Proper Salvia leaf will blow your mind even when smoked in a joint. The problem with these legal highs is that a lot of what you get is just complete jank. There really is no need to buy extract of you've got proper Salvia leaf.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Salvia's a fucked up drug, I've never got a full blown trip from it anyway though hear it's bad so don't want to.

Weed laced with all sorts of shit is just one of those urban drug myths...load of shite.
  • Options
  • Options
    Iluv2party wrote:
    bongbudda, why doesnt coke smoke?

Put very basically to smoke something you need to be able to vapourise the active ingredient without breaking it down. The temp at which cocaine will vapourise is very close to which it will break down, ergo you will just knacker it, not vapourise and enjoy.

Crack on the other hand has a bigger gap in temp between the vapourising temp and the breaking down one, that's why you can smoke it.

The same goes for the difference between amphetamine and methamphetamine. Meth can be smoked but amphetamine can not really.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    ergo you will just knacker it, not vapourise and enjoy.

haha you crack me up cometimes..."ergo" fgollowed by "knacker" haha.
  • Options
    Salvia

Ive been a chronic pot smoker for about 10 years now, and I stumbled on here looking for pot testing kits for laced pot. Its obvious no ones going to waste their coke or or heroin on weed they're planning to sell, people limit that to their personal use, if they like coke or heroin. Around here people spray their weed with things to make it more potent if its not selling well though. I've known of dealers who used windex, and Im certain Ive smoked pot with lemon lysol on it. Laced weeds are just something you have to deal with as a pot smoker. I signed up here to reply to this thread because of all the posts about salvia though. Everyone's saying salvia doesnt work or the extracts are bs.. I bought a 10x extract from a headshop down here ($35/gram) to use as like.. a shamanic vision quest enhancer at the firepit with my buddy (We're strange.) Anyway, I couldnt wait to try it so I put a "sample" toke (I'd say 0.05 grams) in my wood pipe and torched it with a normal bic lighter. I held it in for about 40 seconds cause I'd read that it didnt work otherwise.. By the end of the 40 seconds I thought it hadnt worked and exhaled.. As I watched the smoke leave my lips I could feel my perception of reality shifting as my lungs emptied. Suddenly I had a big smile on my face and I just felt weird. I got up from my chair and it felt like the left side of my body weighed 10 times as much as the right side, i started walking to my room and got pulled down to the floor on the way. I lay there laughing for a minute and crawled the rest of the way and got into my bed. I lay there with my eyes closed for a minute, focused on the pleasent caribbean steel drums I was now hearing completely in my head and just looked at the darkness of my closed eyes.. Suddenly I could see the wrinkles in my eyelids... which slowly turned into shelves.. with cans and boxes on them, and I looked around and I was in a grocery store, with drums playing on the PA and a woman explaining to me where the "napkins" were. I opened my eyes at this point and the music instantly stopped and the vision was completely erased, opening my eyes was like teleporting from a grocery store to my bed. I was in one place and then the other. I've never had a hallucination before, in my whole life, and Ive done all sorts of stuff. I did 5 grams of shrooms, drank about 8 beers, had about 3 tylenols on me and smoked about a quarter ounce of pot one night.. I lsot consciousness for about a minute but still no hallucination, so I was impressed with this salvia. I smoked a few more small bowls with similar effects and reported to my friend how powerful and awesome it was, and we made plans to have a firepit that night.

This post is getting kinda long, if anyone wants to hear the rest lemme know and Ill post it.. :P
  • Options
    No one's saying Salvia doesn't work...it's just you have to do it properly for it to work and most people don't do it properly i.e. put it in a joint.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    If i had had a quid for every person that said they'd had weed dipped in acid or sprinkled with coke... :D

People never cease to amaze me over this...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    No one's saying Salvia doesn't work...it's just you have to do it properly for it to work and most people don't do it properly i.e. put it in a joint.

But it will work in a joint, leaf will burn and you will get the effect smoked in exactly the same way as cannabis.

The biggest problem people have with Salvia is they buy extract, which half the time seems to be total bunk.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    The biggest problem people have with Salvia is they buy extract, which half the time seems to be total bunk.

:yes:
    I've had leaf and extract that have both blown my mind but then I've had shit leaf, and shit extact too.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

I had the opposite...

First tried the leaf... got nothing out of it. Although its possible it was my inexperience...

2nd time I tried the Extract and it was Amazing! Blew me away!

But as with all these things... some will work, some will be crap! sometimes depends on where you get it from. Sometimes its just a gamble
  • Options
    It just depends on where you get it James, but I think given leaf is always cheaper and it does exactly the same job why pay more for extract you dont know will work?
  • Options
    Yeah, good point I suppose!

I would probably buy the leaf next time. Although its not something I plan on doing on many occassions!
  • Options
    Its not a drug anyone does that often, and its one most people try and then never do again.
  • Options
    crack or heroin NO but acid yes! Acid is so cheap to make that you're weed can be laced with it. It costs about £50 to make 10,000 doses, so what do you do with all that acid? spike ur mates weed thats what. yay
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Cristal. That is a load of rubbish. LSD isn't psychoactive when it is smoked, so there would be absolutely no point. These rumors keep circulating despite the fact that they aren't true...

In addition, some of the chemicals needed to produce LSD are illegal and hard to get a hold of, and it is acutally really hard to get right.
  • Options
    Cristal wrote:
    crack or heroin NO but acid yes! Acid is so cheap to make that you're weed can be laced with it. It costs about £50 to make 10,000 doses, so what do you do with all that acid? spike ur mates weed thats what. yay

What a load of jank.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Cristal wrote:

LSD is virtually the hardest illegal drug to make and only a very well trained chemist can get anywhere near to making it.

LSD is worth a lot more a hit than cannabis, and of course there is the heat sensitivity issue which makes smoking LSD totally and completely impossible.

Apart from that though you are bang on. Well done.
  • Options
    Why cant there be real information posted?

Almost everyone immediately dismisses the possibility of laced weed because of its costs. Where I live coke is far cheaper then pot. It would tempt dealers to sprinkle a little, to add a extra hook on customers. Maybe its just a case of stoned paranoia, but the weed is so dusty, like it would be kief, but its not crystal like, but more grainy. it might just be plant resin..