Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spotting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know it's commen and all that... but if you've never had spotting before and then suddenly do, is it still OK? :confused:

I'm tri-cycling the pill (have been for a year), I had my break 3 weeks ago, but for the last week I've had lower back pain, and today my tummy started hurting... then I suddenly went cold and the pains got worse... went to the loo and I'd bled a bit and now I'm having a hot flush :rolleyes:

It just seems a bit odd... I havn't been taking my pills at odd times or anything and havn't missed taking any resently and my tummy really fucking hurts :grump:

Could it just be completly random or could it be something else, and if so what?

Comments

• Options
    Did you bleed on your break? What pill is it?
  • Options
    yep, had 4 day bleed as usual... I'm on microgynon 30
  • Options
    Why do you run 3 packs together?
  • Options
    Cos the doctor told me too.... see otherwise I can't absorb the menstrual blood which can't get out of my useless left womb before my next period, so it's to stop it building up too much and getting very painful... If that makes sense to you at all... it's hard to explain.
  • Options
    It does but as you're a medical oddity, my advice is to see your GP if it continues. ;)
  • Options
    It sounds as if you are suffering a side effect of the pill from tri-cycling them together like this. From what I know of my previous experiences with the pill (although not this brand) is that you should have a break from tri-cycling every 2-3 months to prevent you making yourself ill.

If you are trying to avoid periods it might be worth you investigating methods such as Depo Provera (the injection) and the implant. These can both cause your periods to cease for the time you are on them. I came off Depo last November though and my periods are back.. and they won't stop and go away!

I think this is our bodies way of telling us not to mess with nature, but you should definitely speak to your doctor about this as none of us have qualified with medical degrees yet.
  • Options
    but you should definitely speak to your doctor about this as none of us have qualified with medical degrees yet.
    Do you know that for sure? :razz:

Well I'm definatly not having injections... had enough of those in the past. My gynae was going to give me the mirena coil but ended up not doing because of my funny womb.
    If I take a break from tri-cycling the pill I'm going to be more ill than if I don't, so unfortuantly for me I'm just going to have to put up with the side effects until they desided to operate on me again!

If it carries on though I will go see my GP and see what she says... although she'll probably just tell me to deal with it or see my gynae sooner than I was going to.

Anyway, feeling a lot better today so far. :thumb:
  • Options
    Right, if there is a medical reason why you need to tri-cycle then I would definitely speak to a doctor about it. They'll be able to run tests and make sure it is just a bit of spotting and side effects.

The injection isn't worth the hassle, they won't even adminster it in the part of Wales I'm in anymore because of the long term effects on your health.

:chin:
  • Options
    Thanks, will definatly go see my GP if it happens again
  • Options
    im still really heavy after my 5 day period is it coz of the pill

please will some one reply to me as i dont no if this is normal i just started taking microgynon 30 on 28 oct 05 and that was the first day of my period but im still bleeding really heavy and i need help dont no what to do
  • Options
    sabby963 wrote:
    please will some one reply to me as i dont no if this is normal i just started taking microgynon 30 on 28 oct 05 and that was the first day of my period but im still bleeding really heavy and i need help dont no what to do

Maybe you could try posting your own thread instead of bringing up old ones? And if you're worried you should always go and get the advise of a doctor.
    You should go and find out from the person who prescibes you the pill if this is normal or not. Some people just don't get on well with the pill, it might be that they can prescibe you something diffrent.