Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Specks on the comb - Dandruff?

For the last month, I see white specks appearing on my comb as I do my hair after the morning shower. Twice, I have drawn blood, so it must be a skin problem. I have used the same comb since 1999 and I have always brushed my hair in the same way. I never change hairstyles. I only then realised that this defines dandruff - dead skin off the scalp. I have switched to Head & Shoulders 2-in-1 which has improve things slightly... not 100%.

I have just turned 27. Is it normal for a guy to start getting dandruff at this age? Is it just a normal way of life for most people? Would it be good to switch to a lady's hair brush?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you can get dandruff at any age. it can be caused by an irritation or not washing the shampoo out properly. tee tree oil (in shampoo) is very good for it i think. also, make sure the comb is not scratching your scalp.
  • Options
    Where's the blood coming from?
  • Options
    Yes, the blood is coming from the scalp. just above the ears. The first time it happened was my left ear, 2nd time my right.
  • Options
    Do you suffer from any skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis?

If your scalp bleeds, don't comb it so roughly :eek:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Monserrat wrote:
    I have just turned 27. Is it normal for a guy to start getting dandruff at this age?
    I've had dandruff since before I was 15, can't even remember since when exactly.
  • Options
    If you have dandruff then use a shampoo called t gel (i think that is what its called)
  • Options
    Nizorel Works very very well but at £15 for a tiny bottle you had better get some money out the bank before going to the pharmacy