Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

do i need to worry??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
because my doctors are stupid i ended having to have a 2 day break between pill packets. didn't start my period. went straight on took my first pill of the packet. Next day i came on. and i've carried on taking my pills for 3 days now, and it hasn't stopped. It's not much just spotting really but very annoying.

But do i need to worry about it??

Comments

• Options
    because my doctors are stupid

How are they stupid?
  • Options
    because i've had to wait for over a month for an appointment with the nurse for a pill check and new prescripcion and they had to re arrange it for monday after next anyway and i had to wait a long time to get my pills because the pharmacy that they get the stuff from messed it up. and it's a rural surgery and miles from the nearest dispensary.
  • Options
    Rural-London?
  • Options
    because i've had to wait for over a month for an appointment with the nurse for a pill check and new prescripcion and they had to re arrange it for monday after next anyway and i had to wait a long time to get my pills because the pharmacy that they get the stuff from messed it up. and it's a rural surgery and miles from the nearest dispensary.

More often than not nurses appointments are more like gold-dust than GP appointments. In this instance you should have just by-passed the nurse and headed straight to see the GP if you were going to run out of your pill. Why don't people have more common sense?! :confused:
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    More often than not nurses appointments are more like gold-dust than GP appointments. In this instance you should have just by-passed the nurse and headed straight to see the GP if you were going to run out of your pill. Why don't people have more common sense?! :confused:
    Yeah, you've got to be more organised about your appointments. You only need a pill check every 6 or 12 months so plan ahead. And seeing as it only really involves a quick BP reading, you could see your GP if desperate.

But anyway, why did you only have a 2 day break? What pill is it?
  • Options
    Why oh why must you post a thread every time you have a problem with the doctors. TAKE OWNERSHIP.
  • Options
    well surely you should've made the appointment earlier in advance?!

either that..if you're worried use a bloody condom!
  • Options
    i've run out of pills before, accidentally, and if you ring up and suck up to the receptionist, they'll often get the doctor to prescribe an 'emergency' batch of pills (1 months supply) and at the same time make you an appointment for a BP check and the next 6 months worth.

they're not doing this cause they have a vendetta against you and don't want you to be seen. it's cause they've got fuckloads of other patient that need to be seen too. politeness will get you everywhere.

re the bleeding - it's fine. you're just spotting cause you missed a couple of pills.
  • Options
    for some reason i have to go in every 3 months. The actual reason i'm on the pill is because my periods are absolute torture without them, and they wouldn't let me make an appointment for a BP check with the doctor. and yes my location is out of date but i really don't like telling people i live in essex. And being 2 miles or more away from the nearest pharmacy is counted as a rural surgery.

the only reason i asked about this was because last time i started bleeding whilst on the pill i had a cyst on my ovary, so i knew it was most liley to be because of the 2 days but i just wanted to check.

i hardly post any more and people still jump down my neck for asking perfectly ok questions.
  • Options
    i hardly post any more and people still jump down my neck for asking perfectly ok questions.

i imagine it was probably more because you said your doctors were idiots when it was actually nowt to do with them.
  • Options
    and they wouldn't let me make an appointment for a BP check with the doctor. .

Ok, I work in a doctors and we never EVER stop people who want to make an appointment with their GP from doing so. You call up and say "Can I see Dr so-and-so please?" and you should never be asked why, so you wouldn't need to be refused an appointment with them for a bp check!