Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

long socks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
next week i've got a school disco themed party to go to, i've pretty much got my outfit sorted, just a white fitted shirt and black skirt... but i reeeeally want long white socks, the type that go above the knee, but i dont know where to get them :confused: i wouldnt be able to get away with kids ones as im very tall with long legs... i've tried looking on the internet but all i can seem to find is white hold up stockings... has anyone got any ideas??? :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Top Shop and department stores usually do them.
  • Options
    long white hold ups might be better for you
  • Options
    I don't think there are gonna be many places that do plain white ones. How about some black and white stripey ones :p? Although not too many places do decent over-knee socks anymore.

Btw - I agree with what Ballerina said. Hold ups may be better, especially if you have long legs. When I wear over-knee socks, they are barely over my knee and roll down a LOT. I reckon hold ups will probably be your best bet tbh.
  • Options
    I don't think there are gonna be many places that do plain white ones. How about some black and white stripey ones :p? Although not too many places do decent over-knee socks anymore.

Btw - I agree with what Ballerina said. Hold ups may be better, especially if you have long legs. When I wear over-knee socks, they are barely over my knee and roll down a LOT. I reckon hold ups will probably be your best bet tbh.
    I have the same problem. I have a black pair and they hardly ever stay up.
  • Options
    You can get quite thick hold ups now, so mebbe they are really the best bet. If you're totally set on the sock idea, head to sock shop, there's one in victoria and paddington station. I dont think they actually exist anywhere other than stations *thinks*. I would say catalogue (La Redoute do them) but if your party thing is next week, it's not going to happen.
  • Options
    Ok I've spent some time searching, and I found these on eBay.

Also you could try sports shops for some plain white football/rugby/hockey socks.