Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Casual Sex....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there anything wrong with casual sex?

Surely if you practise safe sex it's alright.

And if it is, why aren't more prople doing it?

If they are, why aren't they doing it with me?

Comments

• Options
    dude, i think u answered ur own question.

this day in age, most people don't think casual sex is okay. this is why there are very few people out there doing it. even with protection, there is some nasty stuff out there, and are you willing to put your life on the line for a few minutes of pleasure?

and as has been said many times here on thesite before, sex is always better if there is passion behind it. sex without emotion is nothing more than bump and grind.

and if you do find a casual sex partner or partners, there is a good chance they will have many other partners, increasing your chances of contracting an STD. and should u actually start feeling something for this person, good luck getting them to feel the same way.

now that said, if this is what you are seeking and you find someone who feels the same, go for it, just be careful like you said you would in your post.

good luck.

• Options
    DONT DO IT!!!

I did with my ex, caused soooo many problems. Cos i still liked him but he was only interested in the sex. It just ended in tears (mine) Not worth it at all.

I thought when my love for you died, I should die too. It is dead but strangely, I live on.
  • Options
    sex with a partner is better as there are more feelings involved.

but i have got no problems with casual sex either as long as both partners agree on the conditions they makes. eg. always wearing protection and no slagging behind backs.
    more or less, casual sex is just using each other for a few mins of pleasure, if u feel happy to be used and to use someone...why not?

children in the front causes accidents...accidents in the back causes children...
  • Options
    Even with protection there are risks and flukes. I think that sex should be saved for a relationship; mainly because it is a much better experience like that. You know where you stand, and I know girls who have had sex with people they barely know and they feel that they deserve some sort of relationship- however for the bloke it really was casual..
  • Options
    and also, as for flukes. I don't know anybody who would be prepared for having casual sex and then getting pregant. That's like this sort of connection between you and your casual partner for life. Before anybody has sex they should really be ready to cope with any consequences as a couple. (I'm not saying people shouldn't have sex if they don't want a baby- but what I mean is that they should be in a position to discuss and support each other if that was to happen)
  • Options
    I agree with the thought that sex with someone you love is better. The rush of emotions create a great passionate mood. Way better than casual sex if you ask me.

Blessed Be
  • Options
    I think that most girls dont wanna b used for just sex, well thats how i feel neway. It's as if the bloke doesnt care how u feel, so I always make sure it aint gonna b just a sex thing, theres more to stuff like that than sex, emotions and feelings come into it!