Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the 82 year old heckler.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone with a labour party membership card should tear it up and post it back.

Comments

• Options
    He was deatined under the Terrorism Act. :nervous:
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    He was deatined under the Terrorism Act. :nervous:
    i know.
    does anyone remember the old days when heckling was all part of the normal process?
    this guy shouts one word and gets detained for terrorism!
    someone nearby tried to intervene politely ans d was chucked out as well!!!!!
  • Options
    another guy goes to jail for 60 days for having fucking bad taste!

is it time to move out and head for democratic freedom in iran or china?
  • Options
    What a truly revolting site it was. Did any else here the story of the man who was harassed by Labours thugs in the police for taking simply taking a picture?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4291424.stm
  • Options
    oh yeah ...to have a chance of catching more criminals we will have to accept that more innocent members of the public get framed and banged up ...and it aint even april the fucking first!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Our democracy is being killed by New Labour........

What can we do though?
  • Options
    Yeah i caught this story on ITV news. I am thouroughly disgusted that this 82 year old man and the younger gentleman he was with were treated so harshly simply for saying " nonsense ". Freedom of speak.. Yeah right :rolleyes:

I also heard about th eLabour party member who was taken aside earlier this morning and had the pictures he had taken deleted, the fact that the pictures were supposedly of queues..

To hold someone under teh terrorism act is ludicrous, absolutely a flaming joke. Ah it's beyond words, it really is.

I dont often post in P & D and i'm not one for politics but this really got my back up
  • Options
    Richeh wrote:
    I dont often post in P & D and i'm not one for politics but this really got my back up
    well i hope it gets you in here more then richie but saying that ...
    you could end becoming realy deluded ...thinking you live in an open and free society cos your allowed your two penny worth on the interfuckingnet.
    i am livid ...
  • Options
    Richeh wrote:
    To hold someone under teh terrorism act is ludicrous, absolutely a flaming joke. Ah it's beyond words, it really is.
    It's a national shame, and a blatant misuse of the Act.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    a blatant misuse of the Act.
    thats always the scary bit innit?
    thats the bit the aware people keep shouting about ...
  • Options
    Who did he terrorise? :chin:
  • Options
    bad seed wrote:
    Who did he terrorise? :chin:
    the terrorists.
  • Options
    Disturbing. The elderly man and the photographer deserve a decent and quick apology. And if Labour could do that, come out and apologise and admit that they were out of order I’d respect them for it. I hope they do but sadly it’s unlikely.
  • Options
    Disturbing. The elderly man and the photographer deserve a decent and quick apology. And if Labour could do that, come out and apologise and admit that they were out of order I’d respect them for it. I hope they do but sadly it’s unlikely.
    they have said they will but it will mean diddly shit.
    i suppose it could have been worse ...he could have a head full of bullets ...
  • Options
    they have said they will but it will mean diddly shit.
    i suppose it could have been worse ...he could have a head full of bullets ...

Oh yeah missed this Fair enough. Has the MP got an apology too do you know? It's paranoia mainly, I don't think there's any secret Labour plot to act like oppressive twats at the conference. Although with stuff like heckling I think the rules have changed...It used to be part of it but it doesn't seem to be anymore.
  • Options
    It used to be part of it but it doesn't seem to be anymore.
    how many things will that sentence relate to over the next two years i wonder ...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Least the poor sod wern't shot!

I think this proves we have no freedom of speech now. Oh well, maybe they can now do the same to the conservatives in the commons! Hehehehe... brand them all as terrorist and lock them up!

Wow. Totalitarian state, here we come! May I be the first to say:
    Country or Death!
  • Options
    if i post a link to something distasteful i'll get 60 days should one of you complain.
    if i shout ...i get chucked out.
    if i dare teach my children what i believe ...i'll get my kids taken off me by the likes of aladdin.
  • Options
    I guess it's time to put up and shut up.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Our democracy is being killed by New Labour........

What can we do though?
    vote Liberal Democrat.

I joined up with the green part over here in the states, got myself on a watch list!
  • Options
    What a disgraceful and disgusting thing to do :mad: :no:
  • Options
    vote Liberal Democrat.

That wouldn't achive anything to be honest (unless loads of other people did as well, which is unlikely)

I notice also that a Labour MP tried to get them to debate Iraq but failed.

The most important event of the last parliament and they won't even debate it at their conference, I wonder why......... :chin:
  • Options
    I wasn't hugely surprised that the Labour Goons chucked the bloke out, they've done that before, they dont like people who disagree.

What sickened me was the police arresting him, the police, the force which is supposed to be seperate from the State.
  • Options
    I distinctly remember when the terrorist laws were passed that ministers were promising that they would not be abused...........

Bollocks
  • Options
    Can anyone remember the Labour Conferences of the 80s where Front Bench spokesmen were heckled by their own party, delegates stormed off podiums and the public sat back and thought 'if Labour can't even manage their conference them there's no way they can run the country'. Labour are terrified of that happening again (especially as the fact the Tories look disorganised and split is Labour's real advanatage over them). That's why they throw out hecklers - not because they're try to enter us into an Orwellian state.

Now you could argue they were tough in throwing him out and it probably did more damage than letting him continue heckling. But people don't always think through the consequences of their action and make bad calls.

And the police didn't arrest him. As his badge had been confiscated they refused to let him back. Now it whichever policeman cited anti-terrorist legilslation as the reason why is a bit stupid (he was an 82 year old man for God's sake), but he wasn't arrested, charged or even detained as a terrorist.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its a disgrace, Blair should resign over this...
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Its a disgrace, Blair should resign over this...

About this? There are many many other better reasons.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    It's a national shame, and a blatant misuse of the Act.

as i and a few others here said it would be, as it removes the need for real investigatory work which is what the police are supposed to do

if a different view is seen as 'terroism' what will happen to all non newlabour political parties :s or will they just merge with new labour :s
  • Options
    "Those who live by the sword die by the sword"

I am not surprised by every poster`s surprise.Why not open your eyes?Start by reading the following FACT

ALL POLITICS IS VIOLENCE

seeker
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You remind me of:
    "Politics is war without bloodshed, while war is politics with bloodshed." - Mao Tse-Tung

Same chap that said:
    "Khrushchev should get a one-ton medal."

Well, I suppose he's right about the second. And with what the so-called "Civilised Democratic Capitalist West" is doing out in the Middle East, the First looks increasingly true. I suppose Bush must follow Stalin's school of though:
    "Everyone imposes his own system as far as his army can reach."