Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shit

Kinda random, but how often would you guys and girls say you do the number 2? Aka poop.
Some people tell me I may be ill.. lol
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Healthy bowel activity is considered one or two movements of moderate size every day.
    taken from http://www.chclibrary.org/micromed/00040500.html

Ilora x
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I do one small one a few mornings, and/or a big one later on in the day. Occasionsally I can go a whole day without one! If a drink alot of orange juice though, I go more often. :p

What an odd topic.
  • Options
    2 a day, eeek. Sometimes i only go about 3 times a week.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    beans wrote:
    2 a day, eeek. Sometimes i only go about 3 times a week.

Me too.

twice a day seems a bit excessive. I would think I was ill if I went that often.
  • Options
    Why is anyone willing to share this information with people?
  • Options
    Im not entirely sure why people are willing to share this info...
    Shouldn't this be in health?
  • Options
    According to that woman Gillian Mceith, she says that ur supposed to have a shit after each time you have a meal, thats what kids do apparently, but as we get older and our colons get filled up with old waste, we have less movements per day, but you are supposed to have atleast one movement per day, to get rid of toxins from the body. i always feel kinda stressed if i havnt had a shit.

Anyone had a colonic?
  • Options
    Once a day normally...
  • Options
    hmmmmmm...... sex
  • Options
    Yer, most people think that when they're around me.
  • Options
    Iluv2party wrote:
    According to that woman Gillian Mceith, she says that ur supposed to have a shit after each time you have a meal, thats what kids do apparently, but as we get older and our colons get filled up with old waste, we have less movements per day, but you are supposed to have atleast one movement per day, to get rid of toxins from the body. i always feel kinda stressed if i havnt had a shit.

Anyone had a colonic?
    Yeh tis true. Should have a shit a day. I find that if you eat certain cerials like Wheatbix, you go almost instantly after you've eaten it.
  • Options
    I was always told by my previous doctor that its not how many times you go (as long as its not excissively much or little) Its that its constant with you. You can go 3 times a week or 3 times a day, as long as its constant with *you* than its normal.
  • Options
    You can go 3 times a week or 3 times a day, as long as its constant with *you* than its normal.

:yes:

According to the definitions of 'constipated' my group at uni found that most of us would fall under that category. What's normal for me is fine, I'm not going to force myself to have extra fibre when my body has been fine in its own cycle.
  • Options
    chan-chan wrote:
    Yeh tis true. Should have a shit a day. I find that if you eat certain cerials like Wheatbix, you go almost instantly after you've eaten it.

For me, that's not always true...
    I always go if I eat chocolate...
  • Options
    Yer, most people think that when they're around me.
    :thumb:

I find that if I eat Laxative pills I go alot. Why is that?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :thumb:

I find that if I eat Laxative pills I go alot. Why is that?

*slaps your head*

:p
  • Options
    Next question, who poops at work or school? I dont. Except for once that I can remember, but that was after about 4 cups of coffee
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Next question, who poops at work or school? I dont. Except for once that I can remember, but that was after about 4 cups of coffee

I did a shit at work today, and it was brilliant. I can't shit if anyone else is in the loo, though. :/

ETA - Not loo cubicle, the toilets, in generaly. :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Not me, but once I went in a car shop and asked to use the toilet because I just had to go...
  • Options
    I can't go for a poo in public toilets, or toilets in other people's houses. It's like a mental block.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I can't go for a poo in public toilets, or toilets in other people's houses. It's like a mental block.
    Normally I'm the same, but if you had to choose between a public toilet and the pavement which would you choose?
  • Options
    If I was desperate, obviously. But normally I never feel the need to, even.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Listen if I got to go, I got to go. Its stupid to be holding your shit in and it must be unhealthy for your body to do so as well.
  • Options
    chan-chan wrote:
    Listen if I got to go, I got to go. Its stupid to be holding your shit in and it must be unhealthy for your body to do so as well.
    Yeah it is.

Ignoring a 'call to stool' causes constipation and exacerbates problems such as the irritable bowel syndrome.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Yeah it is.

Ignoring a 'call to stool' causes constipation and exacerbates problems such as the irritable bowel syndrome.
    I don't ignore it though, I just don't really feel the need to. If I need to, I'll go. I just get a mental block that means I don't feel the need to.
  • Options
    That's not unusual. A lot of people get constipated on holiday - partly the change of diet and partly the foreign toilet ;)
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    That's not unusual. A lot of people get constipated on holiday - partly the change of diet and partly the foreign toilet ;)
    It's not as bad on holiday, actually. Mainly at other people's houses.
  • Options
    4:30pm every day of the week every week of the year! :D
  • Options
    *slaps your head*

:p

Omg tbh. Im not into that. ;(

And I never go at college. Ever.
  • Options
    What a sexy thread :|