Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Shots That Shook The World

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Who else is oging to watch this?

And whats the betting September 11th is number one? I suppose it is kinda important, the start of a war of powers and ideologies. Woo. And a good distraction for China to quietly build up its military power.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Death of JFK was a biggy, as was Man on The Moon.

I guess it depends on who is voting, personally I'd say first Man on Moon had bigger impact.
  • Options
    They're arranged in different categories, i'm not sure if they all merge into one big one though.
  • Options
    I think they'll do a top 5/10 merged of all categories at the end.

Im betting September 11th is number one because it's the most recent.
  • Options
    Anyone got a copy of the Iranian Embassy siege video by the way? I'm looking at you, gerbil boy :p
  • Options
    They're all on the ITV website: itv.com/theshot
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Anyone got a copy of the Iranian Embassy siege video by the way? I'm looking at you, gerbil boy :p

Nope. I had one a while back. Lost alot of my videos when my HDD died, and can't find alot of them now. :(
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    They're all on the ITV website: itv.com/theshot
    Aye, but i'm looking for the full length one, everyone but me seems to have seen it ;(
  • Options
    Try Google or Torrentspy ( Nearly everything exists on torrent, but some fuckers never seed once you hit 90% :( )

I did get hte full length Hollywood shootout though! That last guy got done... then again, he took on cops with a pistol.
  • Options
    Yup, was September 11th - And lets face it, it probably is the most recent and its effects are still felt - it really did change the world we live in.
  • Options
    I know the WTC attack was the only one caught on camera, but I wish there was more acknowledgement of the fact that 4 planes were hijacked that day. Even I sometimes correct myself, because most of the time, all we hear is, "The attacks on the twin towers" and granted, it would be more of a mouthful to mention the pentagon and field where the plane was crashed, but perhaps for the event, they could have shown footage of the memorials at all of the locations or something?
  • Options
    I think that the US Government are trying ot forget they damaged something as important as the Pentagon and nearly got Camp David where the President was.

It makes it even more embarrasing to them, after all.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Who else is oging to watch this?

And whats the betting September 11th is number one? I suppose it is kinda important, the start of a war of powers and ideologies. Woo. And a good distraction for China to quietly build up its military power.
    September 11th will likely be #1 because it is the most recent so people feel it's impact a little bit more than any other.

personaly I would vote for the shot at Lexington...because as far as i know that is where the term came from...but I might be wrong.
  • Options
    September 11th will likely be #1 because it is the most recent so people feel it's impact a little bit more than any other.

What about the Madrid bombs? London bombs? Suicide bombings in Iraq? etc.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    I don't know about over there, but none of those were as pumped up in the media as 9/11. Although all upsetting to be sure.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

More people died in September 11th.

Really, I think the Tsunami should have been number one. Mother Nature proving she is more powerful than anything Mankind can do.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    More people died in September 11th.

Waitt, so September the 11th is the most recent terrorist attack because more people died then? :confused:
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Waitt, so September the 11th is the most recent terrorist attack because more people died then? :confused:

Nope. But it's more important because it's the biggest death count for a terrorist attack, and it wasn't ages ago. More than one factor can contribute to importance, you know.

I was supprised at some of the stuff that was missing, mind.
  • Options
    couldn't believe that liverpool winning the champions league was more 'shaking up the world' than martin luther kings 'i have a dream' speech

the wonders of television voting
  • Options
    Yeah, what on Earth was the Liverpool thing about?
  • Options
    Or indeed any of the sporting one?

Surley the large scale football riots or those poor people crushed to death in the stadium was more important than any of the footie ones or Wilkinson's kick? How did winning a world cup "Shake the world?" more than any other country doing it?

Stupid.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Nope. But it's more important because it's the biggest death count for a terrorist attack,
    no ...the invasion of iraq has the largest death count from the terrorist attack by the US and UK.
  • Options
    no ...the invasion of iraq has the largest death count from the terrorist attack by the US and UK.

I thought the Invasion of Russia by the Germans had that? 20 mil?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I thought the Invasion of Russia by the Germans had that? 20 mil?
    was that classed as a terrorist attack too?
  • Options
    As far as I can see, starting a war with no justifiable reason... must be a terrorism to. If the invasion of Iraq was, the Nazi's invbading anyone must be too. The only reason was their own gain.

Making them the most sucessful terrorists ever.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    As far as I can see, starting a war with no justifiable reason... must be a terrorism to. If the invasion of Iraq was, the Nazi's invbading anyone must be too. The only reason was their own gain.

Making them the most sucessful terrorists ever.
    ...the student who fired one bullet which led to the first world war must win the contest.
  • Options
    ...the student who fired one bullet which led to the first world war must win the contest.

Ultimatley, yes.