Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wedding anniversary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
a bit random, but how long have your grandparents (or any one you know really i guess) been married for? just the other day it was my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary and i thought this was pretty good going!

Comments

• Options
    I had a set that made it past golden. My mum's probably did something like 65 before my granny on that side died.

It seems like good going because people don't get married young anymore, and don't seem to stay married anymore.

Get married at 25, and live to 80?
  • Options
    Wow, 65 is good!

Unfortunately, 3 out of my four grandparents died before my parents were 18, so I can only go by how long they could have been married, which is 58 (mum's) and 48 (dad's) years.
  • Options
    My grandparents have been married about 63 years I think.

They got a message from the Queen when it hit 60 years. Did yours?
  • Options
    My grandfathers both died young, so they didn't break any records. My parents have managed 28 so far.
  • Options
    my gran and grandad had their 50th in June.

My mum and dad made it to 16
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

Get married at 25, and live to 80?

my grandad's 87 and my grandma 86 so married aged 22 odd. sadly though looks like it might be their last.
  • Options

They got a message from the Queen when it hit 60 years. Did yours?

yeh seem to remember them getting a card! they were in the local paper too.
  • Options
    One grandparent on both sides died quite young so I dont know about them but my parents had their 36th the other day.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    My grandparents on my dads side made it to 50 something before they died. My grandparents on my mums side are at 65. Don't think they will make it to 66 though.
  • Options
    My parents have been married for 18 years. Not sure about my grandparents...
  • Options
    My grandpa died when he was about 42, but if he hadn't i could almost guarentee they would still be together today. And my grandparents on the otherside got divorced after 25 years, same with my own parents.

My boyfriends grandparents were married 57 years before his grandad died last year which is not bad going.
  • Options
    It was my parents 25th on saturday:) We had an abba tribute band!!
  • Options
    My Dad's parents have just celebrated their 51st Wedding Aniversary, we had a big party for their 50th.

My folks are nearing their 25th .... and Im having to plan the party, great!
  • Options
    My nearest grandparents reached 44 years just before my gran died this year. Though she had been married before.

Not sure about my welsh ones. I'm guessing a couple years longer than my uncle's age, so maybe about 45 years at the most.
  • Options
    my grandparents on my mum's side didn't do so well, my grandad died when my mum was young and my grandma never remarried.

on my dad's side they made it to 58 before my grandad died. they'd been together something crazy like 68 years, but my grandad went away to war, so they didn't marry til after the war. they were still totally in love up until the day he died. it would have been their 60th anniversary next september, and i'd love to get married around the same time (well it was lucky for them!) but may have problems convincing the other half ;)

my parents reached 30 years this april.