Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Subtitles for divx - dvd.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I frequently convert divx avi files into the necessary vob files for a dvd so I can watch them on my dvd player. I use WinAvi to do this and it's a great program.
The thing is, sometimes the divx file needs subtitles which appear on the video when vobsub is installed. If I tried to convert this file, it would do so without the subtitles. Any idea how I could perhaps have the subtitles as part of the file so they would be there on the file on the dvd?
Sorry if it's confusing, it's 9am on a Sunday :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the program you are after has soemthing to do with VobSub for more information http://www.doom9.org is a fantastic free resource for all your codec needs. Subtitles are a problematic area though, don't expect to get it all coded first time: Instead of burning to DVD you can practice the burn using a virtual drive which will act like a DVD and autorun at your request but really its only part of your existing hard drive. Search 'Virtual Drives' online to find freewsre for making those.